William Nylander Value/Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Offer 5x8. Settle around 5.75ish.
I don't want to give him a dime over 6. Great player but until he learns to play his ass off, he's not worth big money. For those who thought Willie > Marner (I used to be one of them), I think Willie just donated his share of 0.5-1 mil to Mitch over this playoff series.

Reactions: Leafs1993

Blazini

Sep 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
I don't want to give him a dime over 6. Great player but until he learns to play his ass off, he's not worth big money. For those who thought Willie > Marner (I used to be one of them), I think Willie just donated his share of 0.5-1 mil to Mitch over this playoff series.

I think Marner will be offered almost an identical contract to what Nylander will get - baring a more than a point per game season by Marner.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think Marner will be offered almost an identical contract to what Nylander will get - baring a more than a point per game season by Marner.
Well, all of Willie, Mitch and Auston are getting contracts this off season. And Willie n Auston just lost themselves a solid chunk of $ based off of this playoff performance. Mitchy earned himself a little raise.

I've never been one for making trades in haste but I would happily ship out Willie to a team like the Flames for Matthew Tkachuk. Tkachuk has been an absolute beast playing with Auston and Mitchy in the past and he brings the physical element to the team that Willie will never bring. Willie might put up 80 points down the line but I would rather win playoff games.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
His **** show performance in the playoffs this season will likely help in lowering the cost.
How many times that I watch Him turn away from being hit avoid getting checked way too soft of a player Complementary player not a player you win with pretty hard to make plays when you’re afraid of getting hit I like him but he needs to learn some what heart is

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’ll be around the Elhers deal. A bit higher caphit if the Leafs opt for a longer term.

There might be a chance his agent goes for a 2 year bridge deal, but I doubt that happens

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Why do you think that is?

It's obvious after this series...and Marner is going to make more money than Willy. The thing is, Marner is looking like a franchise winger...even Bruce Cassidy, the bruins coach says Marner is the most dangerous player on the Leafs.

Reactions: Fergy22

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
It’ll be around the Elhers deal. A bit higher caphit if the Leafs opt for a longer term.

There might be a chance his agent goes for a 2 year bridge deal, but I doubt that happens
I doubt the Leafs want to give him term based on his play even tonight alone.

He pulled the chute 10 times tonight and at a time when we needed him to get to those pucks first he chose not to. You do not reward that type of play with a long term deal. His agent will have a lot of work to do to get a decent deal done.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I think they'll go the Pastrnak route (6x$6,666,666). That way they aren't buying any UFA years while giving him enough of a raise to keep him happy. Prediction: 6yr/6m

Marner and Matthews are far more likely to get the full 8 plus massive raises.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I think they'll go the Pastrnak route (6x$6,666,666). That way they aren't buying any UFA years while giving him enough of a raise to keep him happy. Prediction: 6yr/6m

Marner and Matthews are far more likely to get the full 8 plus massive raises.

That's alot of dough for Willy for not showing up to play.

Reactions: Leaf Lander

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'm not sure he should get more than Ehlers, but I don't think he deserves more than Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad