William Nylander & Tier One Forwards

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Last time we had 11th we drafted Morin. Hopefully we do better this time and to he honest I would shit my pants to trade it for nylander. Dude's a great talent and could definitely anchor third line. Just like Jake did back when G had 93 points playing next to jagr. Jesus what a force Jagr was.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Anybody who has watched the playoffs can see Nylander is NOT a center at least for the near future. Do not over pay for this player!!!

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Last time we had 11th we drafted Morin. Hopefully we do better this time and to he honest I would **** my pants to trade it for nylander. Dude's a great talent and could definitely anchor third line. Just like Jake did back when G had 93 points playing next to jagr. Jesus what a force Jagr was.

Jake did that at a fraction of the price, though

I have no qualms with exploring Nylander but something would have to give. If Fletch is looking for a stylistic change to the roster and plans on shipping somebody out and replacing with Nylander, it makes sense. However, it would have to be the right player/return and price paid for Nylander for me to be totally on board

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Anybody who has watched the playoffs can see Nylander is NOT a center at least for the near future. Do not over pay for this player!!!

Same could be said for Crosby not being a top player anymore after stinking up the joint this playoff or Giroux last year etc. One bad series doesn't define a player

And to add, people are intrigued by Nylander because he has immense talent and could potentially be had at sub-market value because of the Leafs cap crunch. I still think Kapanen makes more sense

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
If the big off season forward addition is a wing like Nylander, then G needs to play center.

G prefers wing and he is more productive there, but the team is better overall with him at center if they dont bring another center in. The 2C/3C hole is still a glaring need if G is gonna play wing...and Frost/Vorobyov arent the answer.

Again...I am not against bringing in a winger if G remains at center. I actually like G at center...because like I said it strengthens the team overall...but it seems like thats not what everyone wants.

I agree with Prongo that ROR would fit this team perfectly. Hexy dropped the ball again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->