William Nylander Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
the OP removed it because people are sensitive.

the fact of the matter is - the team's objective is to show that we do not need Nylander. thus removing all leverage from his camp.
there are some people who believe we don't need him and we should trade him to improve the team. that's been pretty much a common opinion for a LOT of people.
if people want to get worked up on that, then whatever. but the title was not childish or embarrassing. it was clearly meant as tongue in cheek, and if happens to coincide with what some people believe, okay - but who cares?
You say it was clearly meant as tongue cheek but then also agree that people actually believe that???? How is one supposed to decipher between those and how is that clear?? Lol come on. Such a stupid agrument nonetheless. Leave subjective thoughts out of the title, especially stupid ones.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
he has to decide if he wants to be a Leaf or not, basically. Because there's no chance of getting 8+ right now from Toronto. Zero.

Yep especially now that with each passing game the offence looks more than capable of averaging 4+ goals a game without him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You say it was clearly meant as tongue cheek but then also agree that people actually believe that???? How is one supposed to decipher between those and how is that clear?? Lol come on. Such a stupid agrument nonetheless. Leave subjective thoughts out of the title, especially stupid ones.

so basically. then. we should just have titles like

"insert name here." and call it a day. every title is subjective.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yep especially now that with each passing game the offence looks more than capable of averaging 4+ goals a game without him.

TBH I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect Tavares and Matthews to score every game. Nylander would be a big boost to to the stability of the offense and, at the very least, add some amazing depth that can help boost Kadri's line.

Reactions: glue

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This has to be hard for Nylander to watch.... losing money every game, your teammates stats are blowing up, and the easy points won't last forever. The more games that are played, the harder it will be to get points.

KyleSeaBass

Oct 5, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
He is a luxury player at this point. We shouldn't trade him for scraps like Edmonton did with Hall, but if a good trade presents itself with a stud D-man coming back, then we should be all over it.

Reactions: dsred

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sure it would. If we weren’t scoring, there would be more talk that we need him.

Talk sure, but I doubt management would give a rats ass

It's a 6-7 year deal we're talking here so the team struggling for 10-20 games and making decisions based on that would be insane

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
he has to decide if he wants to be a Leaf or not, basically. Because there's no chance of getting 8+ right now from Toronto. Zero.
I don't think they're aiming for 8. I think they are aiming for 7, and think playing hardball is the way to get there.

He is a luxury player at this point. We shouldn't trade him for scraps like Edmonton did with Hall, but if a good trade presents itself with a stud D-man coming back, then we should be all over it.
I think that's something everybody would consider. Stud d-men don't become available as a general rule though. There's been one in the last half decade, two depending on how you view Hamilton.

A Willy trade should be done because it's right, as you allude to here. It shouldn't be done at a loss to address a need that could be better fixed in another way. It also shouldn't be done because the team had an offensively hot four games to start the season.

Reactions: Eb

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
wee willi melander who?

like i said ,,we don't "need" him

and now his slot on mattys line is long long gone

kappy is bossing out on that line

Reactions: dsred

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I want to see a 10 game segment with Kapanen and Matthews, if Kapanen is a top 6 RW, and Marner is a top 6 RW, do we need another?

Seems to me at that point you can trade one.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Kapanen is skilled and has everything Nylander lacks. High motor, goes to tough areas, wins battles, plays with an edge, kills penalties.

Nylander is a floater and “me first” player. Always has been always will be.

Reactions: rumman

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Honestly its simple. If you want to play for this team, here is the offer at 6.5 for 7.

Deadine set for the end of the week. If not then offer is pulled and we will look to trade you.

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Leivo
Johnsson - Gauthier/Lindholm - Brown

Honestly, I like Gauthier. Solid player and good on faceoff dot. Plus he has size.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
The offense is straight fire.

I'm not expecting 7 goals every game but they could put up 290+ GF.

It looks to me like every day Willy isn't on the team, it's more and more likely he gets shipped.

He wants to play hardball, let's show him how hard we ball.

:canes

Nylander

:leafs

Pesce
2019 2nd
2020 1st

Or

:devils

Severson
Mcleod
2020 1st

'I play for the Devils/Canes' doesn't carry nearly as much cache with the ladies as 'I play for the Leafs' does, no disrespect intended but its just true.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Honestly its simple. If you want to play for this team, here is the offer at 6.5 for 7.

Deadine set for the end of the week. If not then offer is pulled and we will look to trade you.

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Leivo
Johnsson - Gauthier/Lindholm - Brown

Honestly, I like Gauthier. Solid player and good on faceoff dot. Plus he has size.

At this point Nylander can sit until the last week of November. We will give him a little more money, but less cap hit in subsequent years.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I want to see a 10 game segment with Kapanen and Matthews, if Kapanen is a top 6 RW, and Marner is a top 6 RW, do we need another?

Seems to me at that point you can trade one.

Your allowed to put one of them on the LW or alternatively get somebody on the Kadri line to try to sort that out and have 3 dangerous lines like Pittsburgh did with Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad