William Nylander Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
The way Matthews is playing, the Nylander saga will be a light pregamming to the main event next year.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I guess I am thinking the $6.5M from the Leafs and $8M from the agent are their actual positions. Based on Pasta, Ehlers and Larkin I am assuming his fair market value isn't over $6.5. Are you thinking Shanny is below that?

yup ,i believe the leafs are offering the same contract as ehlers has starting this season 6m x7

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
That you think the organization holds all the cards of course..
I hope you know the difference between UFA and RFA. Maybe that's why you guys got so angry with Tavares, he was a UFA btw.

you think all the players he is being compared to for a cap hit have also peaked, like Ehlers???

his "peers" contract value wise also have the same growth potential, that is already built into the contracts of his peers.

I didn't say they were using his potential as a negotiation tactic. Think I mentioned it three times too. :laugh:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
yup most people are agreeing Willie is worth in the 6's over 5/6 yrs but some are inventing he's being offered that as well demanding over 8m per when there has been zero fact based reports on what is being asked/offered

so the question is why do you keep bashing Willie over rumors which have not been confirmed by either side ?
I guess your definition of "bashing" and what constitutes "rumours" are different than mine. And like I said to Gary N. if you're waiting for "official" terms of negotiation from either side you'll be waiting for a long time. That said, as I said in a post above, it wouldn't hurt Nylander's side at this point to "leak" something or even do a simple post on Twitter like Kadri did during his negotiations. Wasn't it something to the effect of "wrong Bobo"?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I guess your definition of "bashing" and what constitutes "rumours" are different than mine. And like I said to Gary N. if you're waiting for "official" terms of negotiation from either side you'll be waiting for a long time. That said, as I said in a post above, it wouldn't hurt Nylander's side at this point to "leak" something or even do a simple post on Twitter like Kadri did during his negotiations. Wasn't it something to the effect of "wrong Bobo"?
Who does that help out? That just gives the fans something to talk about?
Yeah no thanks, I'd rather they have a behind the scenes negotiation.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm honestly confused hotpaws. Why would Dubas come out and disavow rumours that are to his advantage? Wouldn't it behoove the agent to mitigate any PR damage to his client until negotiations are over?
how are the rumors an advantage ?

pissing off your player isn't going to help in getting him to sign a team friendly deal and the goal is to get him signed not to win a publicity contest which one side doesn't seem to care to get involved with

and as i said , if Dubes goal is to look good to the fan base then end the rumors and say exactly what you're offering and enough of the crap about wanting the players to "buy in", "fit in" , "take less" or whatever other crap the teams mgmt/coach is spinning that day

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
That you think the organization holds all the cards of course..

I'm the ignorant one?

You do realize that Nylander doesn't have the same rights Tavares had, right... Nylander is a RFA, and only has three options...

1) Sign what the Leafs is offering him
2) Sign what another team offers him (and the Leafs have the option to match OR get draft picks)
3) Not sign and lose millions of dollars.

Tavares could do whatever he wanted, and had a lot more freedom in his demands... but even then... he can only get paid as much as clubs are willing to offer him...

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Who does that help out? That just gives the fans something to talk about?
Yeah no thanks, I'd rather they have a behind the scenes negotiation.
It helps Willie's image with some of the fans which like it or not matters.

That's all I'm saying. Well that and I don't believe there to be any lowball offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad