William Nylander Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He'll get here when he gets here. Or he won't. Can't be bothered getting too worked up about it anymore. When something tangible actually happens, we'll know. In the meantime, I'm going to just watch the team we've got and hope this situation resolves itself sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: bionic

Kappy

Jul 2, 2017
Nylander brings more to this team than any trade package including a top 4 D would. His puck moving skills, skating and willingness to carry the puck really takes pressure off of our defencemen and buys his line mates time to position themselves in the Offensive zone.

Hainsey is a lost cause. 6D will be a revolving door all season. Dermott should be playing higher up with difficult minutes. Morrissey is someone I’d want Dermott to model his game after. Dermott played as the Steady Eddie defencemen who contributes everywhere and masks his parters shortcomings. The pairings and defensive systems are horribly constructed l which makes our already below average to average defence look worse than it is.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I've forgotten about him.

If he wants to leave i'm only trading for RHD. Period.

Meh rhd/ lhd thing has been overblown since 2014 olympics. If a top pair lhd is avail who can play the right side then im not turning it down.

Problem is every gm knows what toronto needs and aint givin it up. Nylander right now does not land a top pair d.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Meh rhd/ lhd thing has been overblown since 2014 olympics. If a top pair lhd is avail who can play the right side then im not turning it down.

Problem is every gm knows what toronto needs and aint givin it up. Nylander right now does not land a top pair d.
Kinda reminds me of Monopoly. So hard to trade for that last property sometimes.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Really? Because I look at our bottom 6 tonight and definitely feel his absence.
Not sure anyone can conclude he is being missed yet. Scoring has not been a problem. It is actually quite high. Just putting it in perspective bit if they continue scoring at this pace, they are looking at a 355 goal year. Of course this is unsustainable but it just tells you that offense has not been a problem

Reactions: dsred

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Not sure anyone can conclude he is being missed yet. Scoring has not been a problem. It is actually quite high. Just putting it in perspective bit if they continue scoring at this pace, they are looking at a 355 goal year. Of course this is unsustainable but it just tells you that offense has not been a problem

Agreed. The goaltending and defence have been inconsistent thus far, and that is the problem.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Why can't people just let the negotiations play itself out? How come there always has to be a hate on for some members of this team? Just plain embarrassing the way some immature posters carry on. It is a good job that management values Nylander and believes in his elite skills, one piece of the puzzle for many years to come. Stupid thread.

Reactions: Kiwi

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed. The goaltending and defence have been inconsistent thus far, and that is the problem.

Defence or the way the defence works in relationship to the forward group? I think individually 2/3rds of the D are pretty good.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Hayes on Overdrive brought up something that I was thinking. How come on other teams players sign for resinable amounts and buy in to the system. But so far in Toronto they seem to ask and expect the world.
Duffies response was because they see themselves on Sportsnet leading off all the time and it must inflate their heads.
Damn media screwing us over. Lol.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why can't people just let the negotiations play itself out? How come there always has to be a hate on for some members of this team? Just plain embarrassing the way some immature posters carry on. It is a good job that management values Nylander and believes in his elite skills, one piece of the puzzle for many years to come. Stupid thread.

Yeah, it's disappointing to see people take this hostile attitude over William Nylander. The negotiations may be tough and we may actually hit a point where trading him makes sense, and we might not be able to keep the band together, but the character stuff, the greed, the demoting his importance to the program is all very unnecessary. Wish the thread could be renamed.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Defence or the way the defence works in relationship to the forward group? I think individually 2/3rds of the D are pretty good.

I think the bigger problem that we are going through is "too many passengers on our forward lines" that 3rd line is not clicking at all and both Ennis and Johnsson are struggling

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm assuming this is a coordinated effort to exploit a loophole in the CBA and he will sign next month or maybe even December for an extremely front loaded contract.

I don’t think it’s deliberate but it’s another ace up Dubas’ sleeve to further strength his position.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

It’s not scoring where his biggest absence has been, but rather his work from blue line to blue line. Controlled zone exits/entires at 5v5.

The Leafs have a fantastic PPG but they need to start dominating more at even strength. When that happens the goals against will start to go down

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It’s not scoring where his biggest absence has been, but rather his work from blue luxe to blue line. Controlled zon exits/entires at 5v5.

The Leafs have a fantastic PPG but they need to start dominating more at even strength. When that happens the goals against will start to go down

13 GF
13 GA

We are among the best and the worst in the league. Go figure. Will William help this? Maybe a little :)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Individually yes, but as a group, we've struggled with consistency.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hayes on Overdrive brought up something that I was thinking. How come on other teams players sign for resinable amounts and buy in to the system. But so far in Toronto they seem to ask and expect the world.
Duffies response was because they see themselves on Sportsnet leading off all the time and it must inflate their heads.
Damn media screwing us over. Lol.

i brought this up a few threads ago when people were banging the "no one should help management out/not their issue" drum.
if taking less money is good enough for players who actually accomplished something, i don't know why it's not the same for someone who hasn't accomplished anything.

Reactions: bionic and dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad