William Nylander Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Saw the other thread locked up. Would be nice to have an idea of what’s going on, yet no one seems to know.

Starting to turn on Willy a bit to be honest. I really like the guy but this is getting annoying. Am I being irrational?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I've forgotten about him.

If he wants to leave i'm only trading for RHD. Period.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wish there was some type of alert for fresh information.
This thread will no doubt be the same tired thoughts posted over and over.

Reactions: dsred and freshwind

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I've forgotten about him.

If he wants to leave i'm only trading for RHD. Period.
I don't want pieces for him. Willing to trade him + for a more valuable player who will improve the team...not the assets in aggregate

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Saw the other thread locked up. Would be nice to have an idea of what’s going on, yet no one seems to know.

Starting to turn on Willy a bit to be honest. I really like the guy but this is getting annoying. Am I being irrational?

if you turn on Willie just because of a contract holdout, you kind of have issues and need to step back and regroup, just saying.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I'm assuming this is a coordinated effort to exploit a loophole in the CBA and he will sign next month or maybe even December for an extremely front loaded contract.
Why would he do that though? In order for that to benefit the leafs it would have to be a front loaded contract, and since Willy has missed time, it’s in his best interest to have the first year be as little as possible

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
if you turn on Willie just because of a contract holdout, you kind of have issues and need to step back and regroup, just saying.
:laugh: Ok!
It’s one thing to say I’m irrational, but to say I have issues because I’m frustrated with Nylander?
Like I said, I really like Nylander. That’s why I’m angry.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I'm not saying to pay him more than he is worth but unless they give him a no trade clause I don't expect him to take a "winning-team" discount because when a RHD is available hes the first one to go. However, he would be so good for this team and if babs paired him with kapanen and matthews, we'll be hitting 10 goals a night not 6

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Hey OP speak for yourself don’t include me in the “we” for your narrative in the title
Thats only the title name based on the last thread, not based off personal opinion.
Last thread was full of “me willi” “we don’t need him” talk.
I’m frustrated with the situation but I wouldn’t take it that far... yet.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I'm assuming this is a coordinated effort to exploit a loophole in the CBA and he will sign next month or maybe even December for an extremely front loaded contract.
Is it worth not playing for Willy? Doesn’t he lose money every day he’s not signed?

AnCatDubh

Jan 18, 2017
At the end of the day he will not lose much salary. Whatever he signs will undoubtedly be as much signing bonus for this year (which doesn’t get pro-rated) and a minimal salary.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I love Nylander but I have to say that his absence from the roster has hardly been felt...
Can you like... uh... turn water into wine and provide loaves and fishes and shit and just make Willie sign, or is that too much of a miracle even for you?

Um...Son of God, Sir.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Signing in December is a win-win. We pay him more and get a lower cap hit.

Yeah he isn't gonna get paid from now till december but it doesn't look like he minds

Reactions: Eb

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He loses money every game he doesn't play. When you are a spoiled, greedy 22 year old millionaire it is peanuts though.

They front end load his deal and he won't lose much.

But the AAV is lower.

He might be kinda helping Dubas.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hey OP speak for yourself don’t include me in the “we” for your narrative in the title

Agreed. I'm a fan of Nylander, hope it gets worked out soon. But who knows, the plan might be not to work it out until the last minute as there is apparently some benefit to not signing him until December. Whatever the case, these trade Willie or **** Willie narratives are getting really annoying. He'll be signed and when he is, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad