Proposal: William Nylander for Hanifin

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Would the fans of each team do this or not do this trade and why? I will serve as the voice of unbias reason in this post. So let the good times roll and discuss. Straight trade. 1 for 1. No add ons.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hanafin is a LD and isn't better than any of Dermott Rielly and Gardiner. Even if Gards leaves not paying Nylander for a guy who would play bottom pair when that is filled with guys like Borgstrom, Rosen, etc

Reactions: Brock Radunske

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Hanifin has a lot of potential, I was making mention to this proposal in the other thread. Both Willie and Noah have a lot to prove.

Regardless, I think someone like Pesce is who we need, paired up with Rielly

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
After my discovery of hanafin's defence, my response is no to this trade.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Hanifin has a lot of potential, I was making mention to this proposal in the other thread. Both Willie and Noah have a lot to prove.

So you would do Pesce for Nylander straight up?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Is Hanifin viewed as the only young D that's potentially available? Endless threads about him. Is he in fact available? It's usually impossible to trade for a potential #1D.

For the right price! Yes he is! I would wager Slavin and Aho are the only untouchables.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

He'd be your 2nd best d-man man behind Rielly. I do agree though with good LHD depth like that, you need a right shot.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hanafin is a LD and isn't better than any of Dermott Rielly and Gardiner. Even if Gards leaves not paying Nylander for a guy who would play bottom pair when that is filled with guys like Borgstrom, Rosen, etc

tenor.gif

Borgstrom is going no where alright Borgman?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
We also don't know the ceiling for Hanifin. He is already over 30 points and is young.
Agreed. He could turn out better than Rielly, but a lot would have to go right for him or things would have to go wrong for Rielly for that to change.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Though I didn't rate Hanifin as high as Jones their draft years. I do see a similarity. I don't know why Carolina would want to deal a young 21 year old D man of this potential? I would absolutely not make this deal. He may turn into a Jones lite one day.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Though I didn't rate Hanifin as high as Jones their draft years. I do see a similarity. I don't know why Carolina would want to deal a young 21 year old D man of this potential? I would absolutely not make this deal.

As a Canes fan or as a Toronto fan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad