Player Discussion William Lagesson

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Alright. Plan B.

After some digging, I've found that apparently Smith got the nickname Gator because he was a Florida Gators fan.

Does anyone know Lagesson's favorite team? If it's not a cool animal, I'm going to be so disappointed.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Video was removed for "inappropriate content - spam". Appealed it... should be back soon. This has only happened one other time. Last year my Caleb Jones Season Highlights was removed for "inappropriate content - disturbing content". Haha. YouTube has some flaws in the community guidelines algorithm...

Well... Whole channel got terminated.

So I start over and repost here:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hey @McMozesmadness I need to give a lot of props for the way the videos are put together and labelled. It very handy to know what "play" we're looking at so we can more easily evaluate what we're watching. Thanks for the hard work all around.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He skates and handles the puck better I expected, maybe he can become the Oilers' version of Ekholm. He's also good at get his shot through, it doesn't look booming, but there where plenty of rebounds and tips in that video.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone have any solid info on Lagesson? I keep hearing glowing reviews about this player but his stats don't seem as good as some of the other D prospects.

I also keep reading that this is his first year in NA, even though we drafted him out of the USHL and he played 2 years of college hockey following his draft year. He played one year of pro in Sweden last year, its not like NA ice is brand new to him.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Anyone have any solid info on Lagesson? I keep hearing glowing reviews about this player but his stats don't seem as good as some of the other D prospects.

I also keep reading that this is his first year in NA, even though we drafted him out of the USHL and he played 2 years of college hockey following his draft year. He played one year of pro in Sweden last year, its not like NA ice is brand new to him.
The stats are actually surpisingly good. I think most of us had him pegged as a tough defensive defenseman. His offense has been a bonus.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I heard his D partner, Logan Day, is pretty good. Why haven't the Oilers signed him yet?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The stats are actually surpisingly good. I think most of us had him pegged as a tough defensive defenseman. His offense has been a bonus.

Agreed. I feared hed be another Musil by his scouting report. Musil always had under 15 points in the AHL.

Hell hes scoring at a pace Marincin did, and Marincin was always a noted offensive D. If he can end the year with 30 points in his rookie AHL season, that is very solid for a D like him. Very encouraging

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I get a Mattias Ekholm vibe with this guy. Even if he doesn't develop the offense like Ekholm has, he could still be a really nice compliment to some of our offensive RHD like Bouchard/Bear/Persson in the coming years.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Alright. Plan B.

After some digging, I've found that apparently Smith got the nickname Gator because he was a Florida Gators fan.

Does anyone know Lagesson's favorite team? If it's not a cool animal, I'm going to be so disappointed.

NHLers tend to give each other really lame nicknames. I'm going to guess his nickname is Lags.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize this post was from that long ago.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Based on how well Lagesson did last season defensively in Bakersfield... I can see what they'd want to bring him up as an option for the Oilers.

He doesn't have a lot of offense in his game, but will add solid defensive ability to the roster when he's put in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->