William Karlsson

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's one of the Misfits, Vegas will love him forever.

He is good for about 20-22 goals and 30-something points a season offensively. I wish he would shoot more and not have such a strong pass first mentality but it is what it is.

He's been a shutdown center defensively who is very responsible, doesn't take penalties and plays in all situations. He doesn't usually shrink away in the playoffs either. He's available almost every game and puts in the work almost always even if things aren't going his way offensively for a stretch.

At 5.9 million and a contract that expires when he's 33, I'm very happy with Karlsson's play.

I think he's one of the safest bets on the team to still be here in five or six years. This organization loves him.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Also been one of our most consistent forwards this post season. I'd love him to put up more points overall though but he's a very dependalbe defensive minded center.

Reactions: WhataKnight

DirtyDutchDiggler

May 17, 2018
Easily my favorite player. Not the most standout player on the team other than that first year but that is really not what makes him good. His IQ on the puck and the little things make him a solid player. His biggest weakness is his lack of strength on the boards. He can easily get knocked off the puck when controlling it there. I still think he is most productive when the Misfit line is together and one of the things we need to address this offseason no matter what happens this year. We need one more winger opposite Smith that likes to shoot. Roy has not been a great fit on that line imho.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Easily my favorite player. Not the most standout player on the team other than that first year but that is really not what makes him good. His IQ on the puck and the little things make him a solid player. His biggest weakness is his lack of strength on the boards. He can easily get knocked off the puck when controlling it there. I still think he is most productive when the Misfit line is together and one of the things we need to address this offseason no matter what happens this year. We need one more winger opposite Smith that likes to shoot. Roy has not been a great fit on that line imho.
Doro (and that line) was good when there, and is waiver eligible now.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Doro (and that line) was good when there, and is waiver eligible now.

It's going to have to be Scorefeyev on that line next year I'd think. Probably only room to sign 1 top 6 wing at most, whether it's Barbashev or someone else to play LW with Eichel.

Last edited:

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
He basically shuts down the other teams' top line, up to and including McDavid. He forechecks, kills penalties.

I've come to appreciate him a lot more. I thought he had a much better season this year than last, he's never going to replicate 2017's 43 goals, but that's OK.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's going to have to be Scorefeyev on that line next year I'd think. Probably only room to sign 1 top 6 wing at most, whether it's Barbashev or someone else to play LW with Eichel.

He's definitely the one you put with Karlsson and Smith. Great way to protect I'm while he's still learning to play in the NHL. Barbashev they have to find a way to keep, he's fit so well with Eichel and even with his playoffs shouldn't be a player to break the bank.

Having Carrier, Howden, Roy, Kolesar and Amadio fill out a third line spot, the fourth line and extras makes pretty good depth.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Karlsson is a great shut down defender. His play is kinda the work-man like defensive attitude that has been the culture of VGK from day one. I've always seen him as kinda the "proto-typical" VGK player. Really good at most everything and elite at defense.

He has also improved his face offs, but still room to grow there. I think he sees the ice really well, but the passes aren't always there for him. But he does manage to find himself in the right place at the right time around the net. He's been great in the playoffs too.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Karlsson is a great shut down defender. His play is kinda the work-man like defensive attitude that has been the culture of VGK from day one. I've always seen him as kinda the "proto-typical" VGK player. Really good at most everything and elite at defense.

He has also improved his face offs, but still room to grow there. I think he sees the ice really well, but the passes aren't always there for him. But he does manage to find himself in the right place at the right time around the net. He's been great in the playoffs too.
Eh. He's at 55% in both regular season, & playoffs this year. Can't ask for much more.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Having a good season?
He's been extremely solid ever since I found this gif Probably our most consistent player since the start of the playoffs last year.

billy-twister.gif

I take full credit for his resurgence :laugh:

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad