William Karlsson Versus Sean Monahan

Which centre would you rather have?

• Total voters

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Not saying that it's impossible for Karlsson to one day prove that he is the right choice here, but at this point, it would be a pretty dangerous gamble to take him over Monahan.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Monahan at the moment, Wild Bill has been awesome but this is his first and only year of high-end production so far. Let's wait a season or two to see if Wild Bill is not a one hit wonder.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
this reminds me of wennberg vs monahan last year, its monahan until karlsson proves he can keep it up

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
One career and bunch starts saying he's better than monahan?
Yea, Wennbergs 59 point season with 13 goals really compares to a defensive center that has scored 43 goals and had 78 points in one season.

Anyway, based on this year, Karlsson is by far the winner in this matchup. Monahan is an average number 1 center or elite number two. His numbers are good, but he really didn't show as much talent as karlsson has shown. Karlsson is probably one of the best centers in the league for this year. I might get a lot of crap for it, but he actually played better than a lot of stars that people say are better than him. Getzlaf is an example of a player that he has played better than this year. It might sound crazy because Getzlafs points/game ratio was a lot better, but I think Karlsson gets his team to win more frequently because of his ability to score and play in his own zone against some of the best players in the league.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Yea, Wennbergs 59 point season with 13 goals really compares to a defensive center that has scored 43 goals and had 78 points in one season.

Anyway, based on this year, Karlsson is by far the winner in this matchup. Monahan is an average number 1 center or elite number two. His numbers are good, but he really didn't show as much talent as karlsson has shown. Karlsson is probably one of the best centers in the league for this year. I might get a lot of crap for it, but he actually played better than a lot of stars that people say are better than him. Getzlaf is an example of a player that he has played better than this year. It might sound crazy because Getzlafs points/game ratio was a lot better, but I think Karlsson gets his team to win more frequently because of his ability to score and play in his own zone against some of the best players in the league.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Monahan was pretty much PPG while pllaying through 2 injuries that needed 4 surgeries. Karlsson is a nice story but it's Monahan and I don't even have to think twice about it

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Monahan was pretty much PPG while pllaying through 2 injuries that needed 4 surgeries. Karlsson is a nice story but it's Monahan and I don't even have to think twice about it

Flames fan votes for player on his team even though the choice shouldn't be clear one way or the other and doesn't have to think twice.

More at 5

Reactions: Vipers31

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Flames fan votes for player on his team even though the choice shouldn't be clear one way or the other and doesn't have to think twice.

More at 5

Monahan has been consistently getting better and is a 30/30 guy. This year he likely would have been pretty close to PPG.

Karlsson is having a very impressive season with the knights. Heck everything about them is just mind blowing and will see how things are next year.

The problem imo is that people underrate monahan because he isn’t a flashy player.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

71 point pace isn't pretty much PPG. His numbers were also going down and likely would have kept going down with more games to his career paces

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
71 point pace isn't pretty much PPG. His numbers were also going down and likely would have kept going down with more games to his career paces
He wasn't injured the whole season. During the stretch ~30-35 game stretch he was injured, he put up fantastic numbers before he was shut down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad