Value of: Willam Nylander trade scenarios

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Please someone, can anyone take Nylander off our hands please. Why can't the Leafs go one playoffs without a whipping boy ugh!!!!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I don't think Leafs trade him this offseason. My bet is they will leave him unprotected in next years expansion draft, add a small sweetner, like a draft pick or a prospect and he will end up in Seattle.

As bad of a contract as he has, he's still young and I could see a team like Seattle taking him on.

If the leafs were to leave him unprotected he gets snapped up immediately by Seattle. Not a chance in hell they have to add a sweetener to get them to take him.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think he’d be the perfect acquisition for Arizona. He was linemates with Schmaltz and Dvorak way back in the day in Chicago and they’re good friends. After his next signing bonus is paid, he’ll have an annual salary way, way lower than his cap-hit (which is always a huge bonus for AZ). He has also got that W/C optionality that John Chayka loves so much. He’s an advanced stats darling, which is again right up Chayka’s alley.

The Coyotes are in desperate need of offense and are in a position to ignore some other issues. He’s a RHS, which the Coyotes need. He’s in the right age group.

Trade couldn’t happen until after the next signing bonus payment.

I’d be willing to start the deal with an unprotected 1st round pick in the next draft. Rumors were Leafs were really high on POJ and might have taken him if Liljegren didn’t fall. He’d be another option.

Christian Fischer has upside, fell out of favor with Tocchet toward the end of the season. Was a healthy scratch, even. Could be a sweetener to either POJ or the ‘20 1st. Nick Merkley is a former 1st who could be an alternative to Fischer in such a deal.

Maybe one of Capobianco or Dineen or Westerlund, too?

I don’t know. I’m not sure what the fit is. I could see a deal potentially sometime in July, though.

Fischer+ POJ+ Westerlund is interesting, but clearly topped by @boredmale 's Mayfield+Wahlstrom+Dalcolle

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fischer+ POJ+ Westerlund is interesting, but clearly topped by @boredmale 's Mayfield+Wahlstrom+Dalcolle
I’d probably do Fischer+POJ+Westerlund after Nylander’s next bonus. I’m sure some Coyotes fans would balk, but I’d do it. I think Nylander would fit in well with what Arizona is trying (currently failing) to do.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

I think TOR fans can take Pesce off their list of desirables. After his fantastic 2nd half of the season and the team getting spurned by Fox, I don't think he's remotely available. While they still have 3 top 4 quality Rd under contract for next year, without Fox, the uncertainty of re-signing TVR or Faulk, plus Hamilton the following year, is too much to bear. With Pesce under contract for 5 more years, they're set with their top pair RD. Hopefully, they re-up Hamilton and they're set for much longer.

While Fox is a completely different player than Pesce, him signing would have meant that they had at least 1 quality RD under team control for the foreseeable future. With Fox taking his ball to only play for NYR most likely, the only long-term solution now at RD is Pesce, signed to his sweetheart deal.

There's not a pressing need to move him for forward help anymore, with Svechnikov coming around and after the acquisition of Niederriter. Sure, they could use a C, but they have Necas knocking at the door and some other pretty decent trade ammunition, outside of Pesce (Buf 2nd (36OA), their own 1st, TVR/Faulk/Fleury or prospects-Gauthier/Mckeown/Roy) to use this summer to bring in another scorer.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
If the leafs were to leave him unprotected he gets snapped up immediately by Seattle. Not a chance in hell they have to add a sweetener to get them to take him.

At close to 7 million per, and 6 goals and a no show in playoffs again. He has arguably one of the worst contracts in the league. It will be a major sweetner to take him.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I’d probably do Fischer+POJ+Westerlund after Nylander’s next bonus. I’m sure some Coyotes fans would balk, but I’d do it. I think Nylander would fit in well with what Arizona is trying (currently failing) to do.
What about Stewart and pick instead of Westerlund?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
At close to 7 million per, and 6 goals and a no show in playoffs again. He has arguably one of the worst contracts in the league. It will be a major sweetner to take him.
Your completely wrong but your entitled to your opinion. Willy has been good not great in the first round and after a full summer and training camp he should be on track to top his season totals from the previous two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad