Will Zetterberg Be A HHOF'er?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Probably but he's a borderline case IMO. No significant awards success, voting record is shabby. Conn Smythe is going to have to do a lot of the heavy lifting for his induction.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I think so.

He was along with datysuk Were the toews and Kane or yzerman and shanahan of those Detroit teams that were so good post lockout.

Not saying he’s as good as Yzerman was I’m just saying it’s just sort of the roles I saw them in. I don’t think this is a clear cut HOF though. I think for instance if it wasn’t for his dominant run in the playoffs and maybe a cup less it’d be arguable for him to not be there so it’s a good question.

He’s not first ballot and may not get in right away but I think he’s in there.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
He doesn't deserve to be in. I look as Zetterberg as a complier like Roenick was. His post season awards do him in for me. A HOF should have at least a top 3-5 Hart/Norris/Vezina voting to his credit. One top 10 and a 2nd team AS doesn't cut it for me.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He doesn't deserve to be in. I look as Zetterberg as a complier like Roenick was. His post season awards do him in for me. A HOF should have at least a top 3-5 Hart/Norris/Vezina voting to his credit. One top 10 and a 2nd team AS doesn't cut it for me.
Why are post season awards so meaningless to you?

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
No he doesn't deserve it. Good player, not Hall worthy. But anybody who is reasonably good gets in if they are well-liked by hockey people, so he's in.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

I’m having a hard time thinking of two players that could possibly be more different.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
They elect 4 players every year.

You do the math.

They will run out of worthy dead puck era guys within the first 2 years.

I think outside of Jagr they already have. Hasn’t stopped them from putting guys in though.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
He should have a few selkes...dunno how he never got one. He was always our match up center in the same role as the current defensive centermen like Bergeron, Toews, Kopitar, etc. He had more offense than all of them and was just as good defensively, yet he's the only one without a Selke. He had the highest peak of any of them too. They're all gonna be guaranteed HOFers, yet z won't because no Selke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->