Will you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?

Will you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm just seeing Washington leaving guys wide open. Let's see if they're that open all series before giving Gallant all the credit. The long layoff effect is hitting both teams this time, hence the bajillion goals.

Sure, but we were too busy tossing the pucks into the parts of the ice impossible to score from to try to get somebody wide open.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
From what I saw in the 2nd (last 10-12 minutes) Gallant seems to already have figured out what Cooper never did: if you try a dump-and-chase cycle vs. Washington, they just keep you on the perimeter and clog the front. Vegas is all 1 pass-shot.

Haven't watched the game yet but this is antithesis of Lightning hockey. Guys on this team pass up shots like they're meeting a quota

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Vegas holding on by the skin of their teeth. I wonder if the people who thought Cooper was telling the guys to sit back and collapse low were watching the game tonight. Gallant telling his guys to do the same?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vegas holding on by the skin of their teeth. I wonder if the people who thought Cooper was telling the guys to sit back and collapse low were watching the game tonight. Gallant telling his guys to do the same?

Most NHL teams do this.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sounds like the kind of thing a coach controls.

I desperately want to agree with you until I remember the years of frustration caused by Teddy Purcell and how 3 different coaches could not break him of his bad habits. That remark was more an allusion to how Stamkos and Kucherov play together. Those two are stubborn and set in their ways. We can split them up and then after 3 week we'll remember that Stamkos needs his hand held by an elite winger

To their credit the Palat-Point-Gourde line that was so hot to start the season was no nonsense

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We take possession too far.

Agreed but I think we're guilty of thinking we are smarter than we really are. I've never seen two players try a doomed play with so much conviction as if no one saw it coming like Kucherov and Stamkos do with that cross ice pass.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I dunno what Gallant tells his guys but Im pretty confident they won't get shut out for nearly 8 periods.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I desperately want to agree with you until I remember the years of frustration caused by Teddy Purcell and how 3 different coaches could not break him of his bad habits. That remark was more an allusion to how Stamkos and Kucherov play together. Those two are stubborn and set in their ways. We can split them up and then after 3 week we'll remember that Stamkos needs his hand held by an elite winger

To their credit the Palat-Point-Gourde line that was so hot to start the season was no nonsense

Oh for the love of...

I really, really, really have no idea what you think a coach does for a living.

Teddy Purcell did that, yes. The ENTIRE TEAM did not do that. We just saw an entire team do it. That usually means the directive is coming from the coach.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh for the love of...

Teddy Purcell did that, yes. The ENTIRE TEAM did not do that. We just saw an entire team do it. That usually means the directive is coming from the coach.

If not the directive obviously no remediation, also part of coaching. It was an obvious flaw within the team, either he didn't spot it or didn't correct it take your pick.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Watched after it was 2-2 and I have to say wow wtf. Vegas ran through the neutral zone and had a ton of chances in two periods. More than what we had in what seemed like the entire series. Their defense made Ovechkin look like Stamkos. Unreal how different it looked for them.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Watched after it was 2-2 and I have to say wow wtf. Vegas ran through the neutral zone and had a ton of chances in two periods. More than what we had in what seemed like the entire series. Their defense made Ovechkin look like Stamkos. Unreal how different it looked for them.
It was unreal Vegas lit up Holtby while all our players played like teddy Purcell vs Holtby

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Went into the ECF not really minding if Ovechkin finally got it but that's really changed. Not rooting on Tom Wilson to put his hands on it. That hit on JAM cements what everyone knows - hes a prick and he doesnt mind playing like it. Play with an edge and be impactful, but when you're just taking runs at guys to injure them or KNOWINGLY hitting a guy late to hurt him, you are a real piece of shit. I hope they get swept in all honesty.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think guys didn't shoot because they kept having defenders in their shooting lanes. It got in their heads. So that's on Cooper for not figuring out a way to get them looks.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It's ****ing frustrating how easy they're making this look in the offensive zone with a roster that doesn't really compare to ours. How is that the same defense that boxed us out for 5 of 7 games? There's no way this is not just Gallant being a better coach than Cooper.

What if it is?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It's ****ing frustrating how easy they're making this look in the offensive zone with a roster that doesn't really compare to ours. How is that the same defense that boxed us out for 5 of 7 games? There's no way this is not just Gallant being a better coach than Cooper.
gallant is better then cooper by far! and there Defenseman shoot the puck on net instead of play the pass around the boards to play the cycle game and go around the caps box all night like we do. When gallant left montreal there team started going down hill more and more.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh for the love of...

Edit: I had a response but forget it. We agree to disagree right now. I don't want to hijack another thread again

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Edit: just forget it I'm not gonna Thunder Buddy the thread. I wanted to but it's not productive. We don't all agree and I get it

Delete this post mods

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Coaches always get the blame. As do star players. Stamkos and Kuch also got a fair amount of criticism. As they should. I think the last two games were so pitiful that you have to blame all involved. Except Yzerman and Vinik. Our team was good enough to beat the Caps. We had them on the brink of elimination. I think the Caps were the hungrier team and thats a reflection of our own guys in that locker room. You feel as though every one in that room could have given a bit more and thats on the guys including the coaches to not fulfill that in two of the biggest games of their careers.

I still think Coop is a good coach and think we can win a cup with him. I just think our guys need to be a bit more urgent. The way we started a few series, that just cant happen. We are lucky Boston didnt take 2 at home and we would have been in a similar predicament. If we take 1 of those at home vs the Caps we maybe win the series and it doesnt even go 7. Just think our guys need to be hungrier. Need to be willing to go to the tough areas. We just didnt do enough of that in the final 2 games. Like they were scared or something.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Coaches always get the blame. As do star players. Stamkos and Kuch also got a fair amount of criticism. As they should. I think the last two games were so pitiful that you have to blame all involved. Except Yzerman and Vinik. Our team was good enough to beat the Caps. We had them on the brink of elimination. I think the Caps were the hungrier team and thats a reflection of our own guys in that locker room. You feel as though every one in that room could have given a bit more and thats on the guys including the coaches to not fulfill that in two of the biggest games of their careers.

I still think Coop is a good coach and think we can win a cup with him. I just think our guys need to be a bit more urgent. The way we started a few series, that just cant happen. We are lucky Boston didnt take 2 at home and we would have been in a similar predicament. If we take 1 of those at home vs the Caps we maybe win the series and it doesnt even go 7. Just think our guys need to be hungrier. Need to be willing to go to the tough areas. We just didnt do enough of that in the final 2 games. Like they were scared or something.
We have stacked and over turned this roster with major talent for cooper and get the same results can't score any goals. in 2015 we scored 2 goals in our last three games to lose to the blackhawks and 2016 got shutout in game 7 vs the penguins. then you know what happened vs the caps shutout for 166 mins of hockey then vegas blows then up with 5 goals and a empty net goal. Cooper needs to go give another guy a chance with this roster already otherwise it will be the same result next season again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad