Will you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?

Will you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I will probably have it on the background. Vegas is the only thing keeping me somewhat interested unlike last time when we lost to the Pens.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
I will probably have it on the background. Vegas is the only thing keeping me somewhat interested unlike last time when we lost to the Pens.
To the extent that you care, are you pulling for Vegas or just curious to see if they can really do it?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
To the extent that you care, are you pulling for Vegas or just curious to see if they can really do it?
I'm pulling for them. Not that I'm super against the Caps winning it but always hard to want the team that beat you to win.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Holtby had juicy rebounds vs us...we just couldn't capitalize.

He looks human vs Vegas.

Sad effort by our team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
From what I saw in the 2nd (last 10-12 minutes) Gallant seems to already have figured out what Cooper never did: if you try a dump-and-chase cycle vs. Washington, they just keep you on the perimeter and clog the front. Vegas is all 1 pass-shot.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Wow what a great Game 1 this has been so far. I’d much rather we lost to the Caps than be the team VGK beat to win a cup in their first season. Because let’s face it, Vegas is the epitome of hard work beating talent

Now, the way we played to lose that last series...we’ll that’s a different story. Hopefully they were embarrassed enough to hold a chip in their shoulder for next season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I find they both look like they belong here. It's the salary cap era. Teams like the 16 and 17 Pens are really rare. These guys are just taking advantage of each other's weaknesses in a way I really wish we'd been able to do with Washington.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought trotz had found some secret defensive strategy to keep our team from scoring, oh wait that was Cooper.

That's the frustrating thing for me as well. Every time Vegas tries to cycle the puck, they look exactly like we did, and Washington has an easy time. But then Vegas changes it up and starts making one pass for a shot, even if it means they're one-and-done, and suddenly they manage to create chaos in a way we never could.

I still think Washington looks like the better team, but MAF might be the better goalie right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's ****ing frustrating how easy they're making this look in the offensive zone with a roster that doesn't really compare to ours. How is that the same defense that boxed us out for 5 of 7 games? There's no way this is not just Gallant being a better coach than Cooper.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm just seeing Washington leaving guys wide open. Let's see if they're that open all series before giving Gallant all the credit. The long layoff effect is hitting both teams this time, hence the bajillion goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->