Will you go to or watch another NHL game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan10*

go kim johnsson said:
Whoever votes 'no' isn't a hockey fan. if you are, well you're not anymore.

Sorry, but I take issue with that. I won't watch NHL hockey again if the season is cancelled. However, I reside in a city where we have one of the best junior hockey followings throughout North America. I've moved from Belleville to Ottawa and here we have the legendary Brian Kilrea and his Ottawa 67's. As an added bonus, we also have the Gatineau Olympiques.

If the season is cancelled, I won't watch NHL hockey again not because I'm a fan. I won't watch it again because as a fan, we've totally been disregarded. And if anyone would see, we are the ones who have paid the ultimate price during this rediculous stand off.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think a few more options should be added to the poll. For instance, I'll watch the game on TV, but I seriously doubt I'd go to another game in person or buy any merchandise.

I was a far bigger baseball fan when they cancelled the world series than I have ever been a hockey fan, and it took over five years for me to decide to go to another game, and I still don't have the interest in it that I once did. I seriously doubt hockey would fair better with me.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Yes.

and if the league goes the impase route, wins and has replacment players then the answer is still Yes.

and Yes I will pay to see them, I care for what's on the front of the jersey more then what's on the back or what's in the pressbox(aka players and owners) I care about the Leafs, and if our captain is Sundin or Morro I couldn't care less right now.

McBold

Jan 22, 2005
It's so depressing watching a Roadrunners at the Rex and at the start of the period hearing a mediocre to terrible roar from the crowd. I miss that electric-ness the Oilers got. So yeah, I'll defiantly go back to hockey again.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
For those who say no, there are likely two reasons. One they feel betrayed by the League and/or players. Or two, that they do not feel that the game will be good enough anymore.

As I see it, fans should treat the game the same way the NHL and PA have, as a business and product. For example, I like Beef Jerky, one kind in particular I think it is made by Bridgeport. I love it you could say and eat it as a meal even. If Bridgeport Co. had a dispute with their employees and their Beef Jerky was not made for a year or even two years I would be upset. Sure there are plenty of other Beef Jerky brands out there. However in my opinion they just aren't as good as Bridgeport.

I'd try other brands and see if they would fill the void but they wouldn't do. Then Bridgeport Co. and their employees make up and my favourite Beef Jerky is being made again! Now do I stick it to the company? "They aren't getting my money!" as people say, well if the owners don't get your money neither do the employees or vise versa. "Well neither side cared about the consumer in their squabble over money, both are greedy!" Yeah but their Beef Jerky is THE best, the only kind I really love, their PRODUCT is what I want. Therefore I would go back to buying it as soon as possible.

Now apply this to the NHL and PA and I don't understand why people would say they'd never go back to an NHL game again, or even awhile if they had loved the NHL game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->