Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

• Total voters

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
If the leafs loose I wouldn't mind seeing st Louis and Columbus in the finals I think that would be a good match up for the cup !

Reactions: Al14

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I'd like to see the NY Islanders keep doing good as far as I'm concerned as it's a slap in the face to the Leaf's organization more then losing to Boston would be. My old school thinking would loved to have seen Matt Martin punishing player and creating room for his line-mates to exploit.

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Well ye. Outside of Toronto, I couldn't care less about Canadian teams. Never quite understood why people care if another Canadian team wins/is in the SCF. If the Leafs ain't in f*** em, I just want the best hockey possible.

Hockey is our game no matter the time, location or importance.

Mar 26, 2010
I hate the Jets and Flames. I hate all the other Canadian teams really. I would rather see an American team win over any of them.

Reactions: Leaf4Life

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Not really. I'll just have it on in the background.

Not really paying attention, doing other things. So yes but not really.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
The odds of winning 3 games in Boston are close to winning a small lottery. Sure it could happen. But very unlikely.
We dont have to win 3. We have to win one.

I love hockey and will watch but more casually. The first round is always the best and I'll make sure to catch the final. If the Canadian teams are in it I usually just cheer against them anyway.

Mar 26, 2010
Not really, but once we lose tomorrow I’ll be shifting full attention to the Raptors. I’ll hop on the islanders bandwagon though just because it would embarrass the playoff flop Tavares.
Tavares is not a flop. The team got outclassed by a better Boston team. I do not think its fair to put this on Tavares. I get it, the Leafs have lost, have a look at the coaching! Not JT

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yes, I will continue to watch. I like hockey ...... and the Leafs. I don't see these as mutually exclusive.

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
Yes, I'll throw on whatever game is on if I have time. Caught a lot of the other series and pretty much every game I've watched has been entertaining. It's more enthralling than anything on TV/Netflix right now, to me.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Well, I’m in a tiny village in the south of France right now so I’m not getting much playoff watching just now anyways. But I won’t be following online as closely if the Leafs are eliminated tonight.

But while Boston should be favoured, I’m not giving up on the Leafs

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
100% Invested Leafs Playoff Hockey
20% Habs parce que j'adore Montreal
10% Other Canadian Teams

ZERO Fs given to the American Teams tbh... With the whole Bettman, and the shafting of canadian teams, mainly ours for southern markets.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
No sorry. Better things to do.
But will check the final scores hoping for Isles & bruins elimination, and Blues winning the cup, just cause of Bozak and Steen.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I'd like to see the NY Islanders keep doing good as far as I'm concerned as it's a slap in the face to the Leaf's organization more then losing to Boston would be. My old school thinking would loved to have seen Matt Martin punishing player and creating room for his line-mates to exploit.
I like to see Lehner succede. Thats all.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
No. I will watch the Marlies, CHL or start looking at the draft. Or watch the Raptors or Blue Jays. I may follow along, watch the odd game or two, or watch highlights just because of the number of surprises, but otherwise I do not care enough unless it is for scouting purposes for trades.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
I'm a hockey fan so technically I should watch it but I only care about one team. That's the leafs. When they are out, Im more of a pack it up see you next year type of guy. I couldnt give two craps what happens with the rest of the teams. So in other words, it's a no for me.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If there's no Raptors playoff game, Blue Jays game, or something on regular tv I want to watch, I may tune in to a game or two. I'll keep an eye on what's happening but really once the Leafs are out, there's no really emotional attachment to watching hockey.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The last two years, I've lost a bit of the playoff zeal after we get eliminated. I obviously don't really care about other Canadian teams, but I usually make it back to watch most of the remaining games.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The last two years, I've last a bit of the playoff zeals after we get eliminated. I obviously don't really care about other Canadian teams, but I usually make it back to watch most of the remaining games.
I find it starts to go on too long and I lose interest (especially without my team). Games go from every night, to every 2nd night and finally it takes 3 days between game 2 and game 3.

We should already be in the 2nd round. For this reason, the nice weather, my attention lessens.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I guess Toronto is a very weak NHL market. Has the US officially surpassed Canada as the largest hockey nation.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I guess Toronto is a very weak NHL market. Has the US officially surpassed Canada as the largest hockey nation.

Not just NHL hockey, Leafs playoff games themshelves have only been able to drew 2 million viewers in average in all of Canada. That's down 1.5 to 2 mils compared to 2004. It has a lot to do with cord cutters, immigrants (they would rather watch Raptors and FC), and the on ice products from the Leafs in the past decade and half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad