Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

• Total voters

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I mean I've already come to accept the fact that we are definitely losing tomorrow because well Toronto and past experiences lead me to believe no different. With that said, this thread is so extra.

RAB FERD

Oct 2, 2013
Hell yea i'll watch! Wouldn't be a fan of the Leafs if I didn't enjoy watching hockey.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, I'll root for the Caps. Ovechkin is probably my favorite player in the league. He checks all of the boxes in what I like about hockey.

I’m torn on that one. I wouldn’t mind seeing CBJ beat them and go to the final.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
lot of Canadian players still in the playoffs. Don Cherry mentioned that St Louis has a bunch so I'll probably root for them.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
No... just too busy and have other things I want to do when this time of year comes around. I'll watch a game or two when I have nothing to do, but I dedicate a lot of time to the Leafs so once the Leafs are done, I basically am too.

In terms of Canadian teams? I'd rather no Canadian teams besides the Leafs be in. I like Calgary... but I want the Leafs to win the cup before any other Canadian team even if it means another Canadian team never wins a cup again.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I watch the playoffs because I love hockey.

Conversely,
I haven’t watched World Series game in years yet I follow almost every Jays game.
Ive been to a few NBA games and I enjoy going but I have never watched and NBA finals game in my life and probably never will. In fact I don’t even know the name of their trophy or what it looks like.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
If you don’t watch, why do you care if the Leafs win or not?
Because people have an emotional investment to the leafs and their successes that take priority over other life events and obligations. Once the leafs are out those life events and obligations take priority over watching other teams and their games. It's not rocket science. Really.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I always watch playoffs regardless if my team or any Canadian team is out. If leafs lose tommrow I’ll cheer for St. Louis. Be neat for them to finally win a cup.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Because people have an emotional investment to the leafs and their successes that take priority over other life events and obligations. Once the leafs are out those life events and obligations take priority over watching other teams and their games. It's not rocket science. Really.

I didn’t think I had to explain, the question is why have an emotional investment to a team in a league you don’t care about?

Of course life will happen. In fact I have a couple of vacations planned and will miss a few games. When I'm at home I’m going to watch and I’m going to make a point of watching the Cup clinching game(s)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->