Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

Will you continue to watch NHL playoffs when all Canadian teams are out?

• Total voters

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Curious what our fans think?
Debated it with a few buddies last night while crying in our beers.
Out of 5 of us
3 said they would turn off NHL playoffs after Leafs out and all Canadian teams are out
1 said he may watch a game or two if nothing else to do
1 said he would watch Stanley Cup final
But none out of 5 guys who all played junior or higher were invested in NHL playoffs once all Canadian teams were out.
I am guessing Sportsnet numbers will really drop off huge once Leafs are out.
Maybe Bettman's grand plan is failing miserably in Canada and maybe the money will dry up for him?
Just some thoughts but thought a larger vote may give more clarity. Thanks.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I will watch a game or two. I'm a Leafs fan, long past the days of following the league more broadly with much interest beyond my own irrational support for a team I grew up on.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The odds of winning 3 games in Boston are close to winning a small lottery. Sure it could happen. But very unlikely.

Not sure what we're even talking about here, I was told it was over after game 4. I wish someone would explain to me how we won game 5 because winning in Boston again wasn't supposed to happen.

We only have to win 1 though :nod:

Also, yeah i'd keep watching if I happen to catch a game. Good hockey is good hockey.

Same here. I care more about a compelling story then Canadian teams TBH and I look forward to seeing how CLB and STL do from here on in. If not us, then I'd like to see one of these two teams win it.

Reactions: Eric bungay

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Not really, but once we lose tomorrow I’ll be shifting full attention to the Raptors. I’ll hop on the islanders bandwagon though just because it would embarrass the playoff flop Tavares.

Reactions: Quickdraw2828

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Once the Leafs are out, I watch when I am able. I don't make special plans to though.
Doesn't matter if there are Canadian Teams left or not.
I feel the same about all the rest of the 30 Teams.
If the Leafs don't win, I don't care who does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Confucius and garce

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I have nothing invested in the other teams, I probably won't watch them, maybe have it on in the back ground while I do stuff. CBJ and NYI are a bit of an oddity curiosity for me, I might pick up some of their games, just because Tort's is so entertaining and the NYI fans are awesome/crazy.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
The odds of winning 3 games in Boston are close to winning a small lottery. Sure it could happen. But very unlikely.

Statistically they have the same chance of winning or losing in Boston every game. Just as in Russian roulette the odds of hitting black or red are the same regardless of what the last roll landed on.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
edmonton
Still hoping the Leafs can pull it off but won't watch after they're out. One saving grace, it'll look good on Rogers. Their ratings will go from poor to abysmal.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Most definitely. Hockey is hockey, and the playoffs provide great viewing of that. I absolutely love seeing whoever wins the Cup celebrating. Hopefully one of these days it'll be the Leafs.

I just won't be as emotionally invested in them nor stressed out. I can watch with peace of mind, and if I miss a game because of other things, so be it...I won't be as choked.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Usually I try to watch playoff hockey. From now on though, once the leafs are out, I'm spending my energy elsewhere.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Ofc i'll still watch. I love hockey..

Seriously you expect our 22 year old team to win the cup year after year?

If they do win you will stop posting right?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Curious what our fans think?
Debated it with a few buddies last night while crying in our beers.
Out of 5 of us
3 said they would turn off NHL playoffs after Leafs out and all Canadian teams are out
1 said he may watch a game or two if nothing else to do
1 said he would watch Stanley Cup final
But none out of 5 guys who all played junior or higher were invested in NHL playoffs once all Canadian teams were out.
I am guessing Sportsnet numbers will really drop off huge once Leafs are out.
Maybe Bettman's grand plan is failing miserably in Canada and maybe the money will dry up for him?
Just some thoughts but thought a larger vote may give more clarity. Thanks.

How is that even possible? When you have a few beers in the system there is only one feeling that follows.........Happy place!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
When/if the Leafs are out, and there are no other Canadian teams playing, I'm not invested in any team the same way, but I am still a huge hockey fan, and I will watch to the end.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No Leafs, no more hockey for me.

I can't cheer for any other NHL hockey team. I have tried and it just doesn't work for me.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Will you watch the WHC if Matthews goes? Rielly, Marner?
Do you want any of them to go?

I’m hoping Matthews decides to stay home and rest a few weeks and then start bulking up in late May.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I don't get the whole "Canadian teams" thing. I have no emotional attachment to other teams, irregardless of what country they play in.

Anyway, I'm a hockey fan in general, not just a Leafs fan, so of course I'm going to continue to watch. I may not adjust my schedule in order watch other teams like I do the Leafs, but usually try to follow at least one series every round, usually Eastern conference based because of the timezone.

Reactions: Ratboy and CarterD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad