Will Wolski get the call?

Bam Beet*

IceBreaker said:
With Brampton eliminated tonight, is he headed back to Denver?
I sure hope so. How does it work with the contract and things. i know if he plays ten games they take 1 year off the contract right. But is that ten regular season games or is it playoffs too. Either way we should recall him. The experience will be good for him.

Kroz

Mar 26, 2005
We have it in the Denver Post now, Play offs only. He would put the Avs over the cap if he played any regular season game..

Lots of pressure, but hey have fun VOYTEK :)

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
They definetly need some help with all their injuries so it wouldn't be a bad idea to knock off of that contract.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
From the Denver post :

LW Wolski to join team for playoffs
By Adrian Dater
Denver Post Staff Writer

Avalanche fans can expect to see the team's top prospect, Wojtek Wolski, on the ice in the NHL playoffs.

The team plans to recall Wolski for the postseason now that Brampton of the Ontario Hockey League has been eliminated from the playoffs. Brampton was ousted in the Eastern Conference semifinals by Barrie on Thursday night.

Wolski cannot play for the Avs in either of their last two regular-season games because his nearly $1 million NHL salary would put Colorado over the $39 million salary cap.

It is unusual for junior players to be recalled only for the NHL playoffs, but the Avs could use another good offensive player for the postseason. Wolski is likely to win most valuable player honors in the OHL this season. The left wing had 128 points (47 goals) in 56 games for Brampton. He was the league's player of the month four consecutive months.

Wolski, 20, scored six points in nine games for Colorado in October before being sent to Brampton. The Avalanche will not have to pay Wolski any salary for playing in the postseason.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Ice Demon said:
Although all of us would kill for a chance to play in the NHL, let alone the playoffs, that sounds like a raw deal.

Well hes pretty much a lock for top 6 next season, so I don't think he'll be upset.

Transported Upstater

Colorado got a big-time steal with this kid. Tremendous skill level, and decent size.

Bam Beet*

TransportedUpstater said:
Colorado got a big-time steal with this kid. Tremendous skill level, and decent size.
Although he doesn't really use his size does he? More of a finesse player?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Ice Demon said:
Although all of us would kill for a chance to play in the NHL, let alone the playoffs, that sounds like a raw deal.
No one gets paid for the playoffs. NHL salary is regular season only, as I understand it.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
He'll also be up for a new contract a year earlier, so he'll get a bigger payday sooner. I doubt he's complaining.

Transported Upstater

Sakic's-A-Legend said:

Oh yeah, he's definitely a finesse guy. But it's still nice that he has some height. Could add a new dimension to his game in the future.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sakic's-A-Legend said:
I don't know. He isn't your prototypical Double Y chromosome, dog beaten by a previous owner, knuckle dragging power forward, but there are other ways to use a large frame.

Bam Beet*

willie said:
Two words: Over. Rated.
How so?

4 OHL player of the month awards in a row....
most sportsmanlike player.......
third most points in the OHL......
128 points in 56 games......
MVP of the All-Star classic.....

the list goes on and on.....

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well that's just great.

The last time Dallas faced Colorado in the playoffs, Svatos was huge. Now there's going to be another rookie lookin' to make a name for himself. History better not repeat itself!!!

Transported Upstater

Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Why? :dunno:

I expect him to become top-6 player. I don't think that's overrating him..

Wolski was solid in his call-up time earlier this year, and I think he'll end up being one of the steals of the draft. The kid's got serious talent.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
he is a good skater, great shot, stickhandler, and is extremely, extremely patient with the puck, and an excellent passer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad