Will who 'wins' effect your ticket buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have seen it said in other threads that revenues are going to plummet, and the players in asking for no linkage have to be betting that we stay away in droves the next 8 to 10 years.

In this type of dispute someone has to 'win' eventually. You can not really find much real middle ground, that was why the mediation people brought in immediately gave up last negotiating session. Either there will be a Cap or there will not be a Cap. Does it matter to you? Will you buy more or less tickets if the owners should win and get their cap? Will you never go again no matter who wins? Will you watch them on television as much or more?

likea

Jul 9, 2004
I will stop supporting the NHL altogether if no cap or cost certainty is put into place, I am sick of watching my team be a farm team for the big market teams

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I would imagine that the ticket prices would be lower after this thing is done. They said it themselves that they owe it to the fans, hence, I'll be going to alot more games.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Scugs said:
I would imagine that the ticket prices would be lower after this thing is done. They said it themselves that they owe it to the fans, hence, I'll be going to alot more games.

Penguin tickets are a bargain entertainment wise:

As low as $645 for an entire season, under $1,300 for what I think is about 70% or 80% of the rest. If there is a Cap I for one will be a buyer of an entire season package rather than individual games as in the past.

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/tickets/season.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->