Will we see a WCH in USA?

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
There was WCH in Canada. Now its the time to try it in USA. New York, Boston ... there is lot people from EU and ice-hockey fans.

If you're referring to the World Cup it has been held in the US. In 96 games were held in Philly and NY. The US played their first round robin game in Philly along with Game 1 of the finals vs Canada. Canada's semi final with Sweden was also held in Philly. The remaining 2 US round robin games the US played in 96 vs Russia and Slovakia were played in NY at MSG.

In 2004 the 2 US prelim games with Russia and Slovakia were held in Minnesota along with the quarterfinal and semi final.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
If you're referring to the World Cup it has been held in the US. In 96 games were held in Philly and NY. The US played their first round robin game in Philly along with Game 1 of the finals vs Canada. Canada's semi final with Sweden was also held in Philly. The remaining 2 US round robin games the US played in 96 vs Russia and Slovakia were played in NY at MSG.

In 2004 the 2 US prelim games with Russia and Slovakia were held in Minnesota along with the quarterfinal and semi final.

:rolleyes: Nooo, no World Cup.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
:rolleyes: Nooo, no World Cup.

WHC = World Hockey Championship IIHF annual tournament
WCH = World Cup of Hockey NHL/NHLPA gimmicky sometimes on mostly off who knows if there ever will be another.

never say never, but I can say that it's highly unlikely either tournament will ever be hosted in the USA that's not a stone's throw from the Canadian border.

moving it 100s of miles/km from the Canadian border. never. won't happen.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
WHC = World Hockey Championship IIHF annual tournament
WCH = World Cup of Hockey NHL/NHLPA gimmicky sometimes on mostly off who knows if there ever will be another.

never say never, but I can say that it's highly unlikely either tournament will ever be hosted in the USA that's not a stone's throw from the Canadian border.

moving it 100s of miles/km from the Canadian border. never. won't happen.

WCH, i see it like World CHampionship. World Cup is simply WC . For me. :sarcasm:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Since alko is responsible for 5% of HFboards threads, it is easiest to conform to his nomenclature. As for this tournament in USA, I don't see it happening anytime soon. There is likely almost no market for it in the country, and the IIHF schedules the tournament when most large arenas are not guaranteed due to the potential for NHL (or NBA) playoff games that need to be hosted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad