Will we ever see another line brawl in the NHL?

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
With the continuously growing attention for player safety and awareness of long term effects from concussions, along with the lack of enforcer role players, fights/brawls seem to be dwindling.

My question is a simple one.
Will we ever again see a good ol’ fashion 5vs5/6vs6 line brawl?

My money would be that we do not see another one ever again, but I would like to hear the debate if you think I’m wrong.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Unless there is a way where 3 officials are able to contain two full teams of professional athletes (in the case of a bench clearing brawl), logic suggest that one can happen pretty much as soon as a player wants.

Something I do see happening the next time a line brawl occurs, is very heavy suspensions and fines. As of right now, don’t think there is enough of a punishment for being involved in one.

Basically only reason there hasn’t been a line brawl is because there hasn’t been a reason for one, but as soon as there is don’t see how they can stop it. (Unless reaaaaally harsh punishments occur)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Chances are slim for the reasons being what you pointed out already. I think about this question often too.

If it happens...it will happen between very select teams.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Sens seem like a team that will just say screw it towards the end of the season and just dummy Toronto out of frustration lol. Babcock always has a soft team that ends up in a line brawl every couple of years without fail.

Reactions: holy and Beville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This was fun last night:

ForkedPresentHaddock.gif

I think the general consensus is that line brawls (real ones, where no one wears gloves) are a bad idea.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
A little too many Euros now a days?

Too many soft players for Burkies likening.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
I wish, the league has never been this soft, its sad that enforcers dont have a role anymore, they are soldiers that deserve to be paid

strongly reccomend Ice Guardians if you havent seen it

Reactions: Dirk316

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa has been involved in quite a few. Buffalo, Philly, Montreal in the playoffs.
Maybe Brady get's one going!

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I get the feeling that they've drilled down fighting to a compromise level that they are comfortable with... yes, there are still fights... no, they don't happen very often. Same likewise with line brawls. They'll be rare as chicken teeth... but every once in a while emotions will boil over.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wish, the league has never been this soft, its sad that enforcers dont have a role anymore, they are soldiers that deserve to be paid

strongly reccomend Ice Guardians if you havent seen it
They can change to boxing or UFC.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Changing careers while you have been doing it most of your life is very easy, good point.
All pure goons are retired or not in the NHL. If young guys think they can make the NHL with only their fists, it's their problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad