Equipment: Will visors fog up while playing out doors?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I plan on returning to pond hockey after a long lay off. I know nobody wears a helmet, and doing so will no doubt lead to my masculinity being questioned. But even if the risk of getting an errand stick or puck to the face is one in a million, dentistry is expensive, and missing teeth/scars is only handsome when you have the NHL pay cheque to back it up.

With that said, I'm perfectly fine with wearing a dorky black cage like a nine year old in minor league hockey, but I would prefer to do one of those visor/cage combos.

I've never worn a visor before. I just need to know if they'll be prone to fogging up while being used outside.

Thanks in advance for the help.

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
When I play outside I use a shield without a problem. Just put a little defogger on it.. you can pick it up at almost any hockey store.

My only problem I had with a shield outdoor is if it's snowing.. the snow lands on your shield, melts, and now you have water all over your shield. Eventually I couldn't even see through it and had to force it upward so it wasn't doing much of anything at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad