NFL: Will Trevor Lawrence lead the Jaguars to at least one Super Bowl victory?

Will he or won't he?

• Total voters

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think he will guide them to one at the least. My guess is if the Jags play their cards right they'll be like the Manning-era Colts, a yearly contender that will win one and at least go to another.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Easier question is if he should: yes, he should. He is that golden ticket type prospect. But you’re never guaranteed anything in the NFL.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes. Providing Khan lets the football guys do their job and he stays out of decision making.
this is key. Looking at their division first, there is Wentz, Tannehill, and no Watson moving forward. See if Davis Mills develops into anything or they go seeking a new QB in the future.

Based on the QBs in his division, Lawrence can and should be the best one. That gives them the chance to win the division and get home playoff games in the future.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
If the Jaguars win the Super Bowl we need to petition The Good Place to make a clip of Jason and Donkey Doug yelling “Trevvie!” and “Duuuuval!”

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Just purely playing the odds, probably not. You need more than just an elite QB to win a SB. That roster is a mess right now. They have a long way to go.

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
Lets hope for the sake of Jags fans + Lawrence that Khan realizes he has a generational prospect and the best lifeline one could ask for.

The Jaguars are one of those teams like the Lions, Bengals, etc. that you just can't trust. You cannot trust them to build a consistently successful team because they just have no real track record of doing so for a myriad of reasons. It's like the Buffalo Sabres; I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

That's not to say it can't be done because the Browns (for example) are digging out of a perpetual hole, but I have to see it on the field to believe otherwise from the Jaguars and others. I guess they have a lifeline in that the Houston Texans are now putting themselves in the car-crash-you-can't-take-your-eyes-off-of category, though.

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Hard to tell before the guy has taken an NFL snap. If he lives up to the hype, and the Jags surround him with adequate talent I don't see why not. Could say the same for many young QB's.

Reactions: Khelandros

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
He's a great foundation but I have real doubts about Urban Meyer being able to be effective at the NFL level. You also have to consider who they'll be competing against just to get to a Super Bowl. Mahomes and the Chiefs aren't going anywhere. Josh Allen and the Bills seem to be setup for a run. The Browns and Baltimore are both very good teams in the North. The Dolphins (if Tua hits) are on the upswing. There are a lot of very good teams in the AFC right now and teams that seem to be on their way. The Jags are a clear step behind and who knows if they ever end up taking that next step.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
8%2Bball%2B-%2Boutlook%2Bnot%2Bso%2Bgood.jpg

He'll have to get through Mac Jones and the Patriots in the AFCCG, then a 55 year old Brady in the Super Bowl.

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
8%2Bball%2B-%2Boutlook%2Bnot%2Bso%2Bgood.jpg

He'll have to get through Mac Jones and the Patriots in the AFCCG, then a 55 year old Brady in the Super Bowl.

Leave it to Tom Brady to win a SB MVP and then dominate his colonoscopy appointment the next day.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You're asking two questions here:

Can Trevor Lawrence become a franchise QB?

And can the Jaguars get their shit together?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Nope.

This isn't a Mahomes situation where he was dropped into an already good to great team with elite coaching.

He's joining a franchise that's been junk for most of the past two decades. A likely failure for a coach. No receivers. No backs. Very few stars on defense.

I think we will see an Andrew Luck type career. He will be good. Sometimes great. But his surroundings will hinder his ability to be a perennial MVP candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad