Speculation: Will Treliving Show Bennett the Money?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wennberg just signed a 6 year deal at 4.9mill cap hit, I see no way Trev is signing Bennett to a 7 year deal at 4mill when Wennberg has severely outperformed him and I believe Ohio's taxes are even higher than Alberta's.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Who was it that we signed where the contract included the cost of lunch? :laugh:

I think it was Cory Sarich. The joke was that Feaster said he didn't think he was a 3 million dollar defenseman, so Sarich responded with that price.

edit: It appears it was actually Ian White. Signed a 1 year deal for the 2010-2011 season for $2,999,995

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Anyone that thinks Sam had a good year is likely trying to maintain some narrative. He had no confidence and was just brutal offensively. Much like Monahan the first ~25 games it was painfully obvious he had no confidence.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
The highlight package clearly shows the potential is there. We shouldn't sign him as if he plays like that every game. But if he can get the confidence to start playing towards his potential, he may be one of our top 3 most important players going forward.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
A highlight video is why Bennett should be signed long term?

A 30 minute long video displaying every positive element he brought to the table in what is very likely to be the worst season of his career, while he has less leverage than he likely will two years from now, in a cap world, is a good reason why signing him long term is the best move for the Calgary Flames. There is so much there in that video that is simply elite - you can handwave it as a highlight package but it's missing the point entirely - that Sam Bennett is the most talented individual on the Calgary Flames. Taking advantage of his current low stock to maximize his long term cap hit is prudent.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think it was Cory Sarich. The joke was that Feaster said he didn't think he was a 3 million dollar defenseman, so Sarich responded with that price.

edit: It appears it was actually Ian White. Signed a 1 year deal for the 2010-2011 season for $2,999,995

Thanks Skobes, it was gonna bother me until I figured out who it was.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
What that highlight package shows is that there's an immense amount of skill and actually quite a lot of things falling into place for Bennett, despite his bad year. It's similar to the Ferland videos, where Ferland looks like the best player on the Flames because it shows the 25 or so games of the year that he's on and takes the ice over - Bennett has a similar ability, but on an even smaller scale in that he can take over a shift here and there. The problem for both players is consistency, not that there's some big piece missing.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
There's really no hurry from the flames side to sign him. But at this point, I'm skeptical it won't be a dull bridge deal. Not what I'd like but w/e.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad