NHL Entry Draft Will top 3 pick be ruined in this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That's a very dangerous game to play if you're management. I'm expecting the players in their exit interviews to criticize Boucher because they see what we see, a coach that has a tough time adapting his system and instead juggles the lines to compensate. Regarding this thread I don't think he would ruin a top 3 pick but we also probably wouldn't be having Calder discussions based on limited playing time, which Boucher is known to do. I don't know how management could turn to Boucher and give him the go ahead for another year.

If he is brought back and it goes against the grain of what the players think of him, it will have repercussions going forward and the outlook for next season won't look as bright.

In what way does the outlook for next season look bright?

It looks dismal right now and a high draft pick, while very desireable and welcome, will not make the outlook bright!

It will take several years with several high draft picks and much luck to make the outlook brighter.

Reactions: jehkob

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
In what way does the outlook for next season look bright?

It looks dismal right now and a high draft pick, while very desireable and welcome, will not make the outlook bright!

It will take several years with several high draft picks and much luck to make the outlook brighter.

I mean to say that the team would look better if they went younger and if Boucher was not back. Also brighter in comparison to this year, don't think next year would be as bad as this year. Although that's not a high bar to jump over...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I mean to say that the team would look better if they went younger and if Boucher was not back. Also brighter in comparison to this year, don't think next year would be as bad as this year. Although that's not a high bar to jump over...

No question we need to get younger.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't know for sure about that. It may force the players to focus, or re-focus , on playing how he wants them to play.

This whole "they figured his system out", which is as a conventional system there is, is a laughable argument that only attempts to cover up players who are not committed or doing their job.

In some ways I'm hoping he is back for management to prove a point. Enough is enough with these coach killers.

Love the owner, Love the management, Love the Coach.. you've got it all wrapped up there buddy,,,, for sure you are rooting for the right .. right? You got it ,.. I am working towards trying to be as as supportive as you are ...

Reactions: jehkob

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Love the owner, Love the management, Love the Coach.. you've got it all wrapped up there buddy,,,, for sure you are rooting for the right .. right? You got it ,.. I am working towards trying to be as as supportive as you are ...

Nope, nope and nope.

This team and core has gone through quite a few coaches. The solution is not to always fire the coach. It is on HFBoards though. Tampa didn't do it. Winnipeg didn't do it. Carolina didn't do it. Philly didn't do it. NJ didn't do it. Avs didn't do it. Can you see where I am going with this.

I don't doubt for a second that you would have wanted a coach fired like many here, I don't see why that always has to be a solution. This team had 98 points last year. Last year Karlsson and Anderson were themselves. This year they are not. I don't believe that there was a "figuring out" of anything. Players ARE NOT EXECUTING

I don't believe Methot for Oduya is responsible. There are many factors as to why this season is the way it is.. It is just a bad season and a fresh start next year with some younger players will be the plan. Fact is Boucher's system worked well last year and there is no reason why it canot be successful again, but it requires the players to carry out their duties. And that is not happening.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We have not drafted a Russian since Ruslan Bashkirov in 2007.
It isn't "dumbest thing", it's reality. This team does not draft Russians. They overwhelmingly draft Canadians, Americans, occasionally Swedes and Finns and have for a good 10 years or so now. We will not be drafting Svechnikov. We will draft a North American or a Swede.

We draft from the leagues we scout, and the leagues we happen to invest in scouting have a lower percentage of Russians. We apparently tried to move up to snag Sergachev, for example because he played in one of the leagues we scout.

Having said that, guys pegged to go in the top 5 are going to get scouted regardless of what league they play in and I have no doubt that the team would have no issues drafting a player of that caliber regardless of where they were born or what league they play in.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
"Fresh start next year with younger players...." And what makes you think Boucher is going to utilize these younger players as regulars?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
"Fresh start next year with younger players...." And what makes you think Boucher is going to utilize these younger players as regulars?

Chabot and White seem to be playing. Let's see what happens after the trade deadline. I imagine the lineup will look quite different

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With dahlin svechnikov or zadina + chlapik brown white batherson chabot Boucher would be a fool to keep them in this rigid system. (Not saying they’ll all be up next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad