Will tom wilson get suspended again this year?

Will tom wilson get suspended again this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So right now he is suspended but with how rapid fire he has been collecting them its worth asking. Also for conversation sake, if this turns out to be his lasts suspension does it prove that longer suspension work while shorter ones don't?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not sure at this point, i think i will vote on this towards the end of the season

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I voted no
But if it turns out yes - i can see them making an example out of him, and possibly even doing a season long, or life-ban. Enough is enough.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I voted no
But if it turns out yes - i can see them making an example out of him, and possibly even doing a season long, or life-ban. Enough is enough.
It depends on what he gets suspended for. They made it clear he got 20 games for getting 3 suspensions for the same thing. He had a 4th suspension but it was for something different. If he gets another suspension for hitting the head this season they made it clear they will throw the book at him and rightfully so. But if he gets one for boarding or a late hit it will probably only be a 2-5 game suspension.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
No self control. The fact that he’s appealing this one tells me he doesn’t understand what he’s doing wrong

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I think he finishes the season with less edge than he normally plays with, 20 games is huge. But if he does I wouldn't put it past them to suspend him 40-82 depending on if it's a hit to the head or not.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
If he goes the rest of his career never getting suspended is that evidence that 1-2 game suspensions are meaningless and longer suspensions work to change behavior?

If he gets suspended again in this season will it prove that suspensions will never work as a deterrent?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No self control. The fact that he’s appealing this one tells me he doesn’t understand what he’s doing wrong
As much as I think Wilson has been a danger to others, I don't think that's what that means. The guy wants to play, and has an option for a remedy available through him through his player union. I doubt it means he's raring to get back on the ice to knock in more skulls.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
If he goes the rest of his career never getting suspended is that evidence that 1-2 game suspensions are meaningless and longer suspensions work to change behavior?

If he gets suspended again in this season will it prove that suspensions will never work as a deterrent?

Meh, Wilson is a special kind of stupid

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Im gonna actually go with no. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be suspended again.
He was suspened 4 times in less then calendar year.... did he want to be suspended after all of those? If you believe this one is different because of the length that goes to my other question. If the longer suspension is going to get him to stop being a dork then should they hand out long suspensions sooner to player who are repeat offenders?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He was suspened 4 times in less then calendar year.... did he want to be suspended after all of those? If you believe this one is different because of the length that goes to my other question. If the longer suspension is going to get him to stop being a dork then should they hand out long suspensions sooner to player who are repeat offenders?
I mean. Yeah.

Reactions: TK 421

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If he gets suspended again regardless of this appeal it'll be in the 30+ game range, so no

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
1gddcc.jpg

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad