Will THN have the "Top 50 Prospect" rankings this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
I've been wondering if THN will have the top 50 prospect issue this year like they have every year. It is usually published in February (This month), but I didn't see it in the "Coming Issue" part in the back. It's always a great read and draws alot of talk around here, and I've been looking forward to it, but I haven't seen anything about it. So I was wondering, will they have it this year? :dunno: :help:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that it always comes out in Feb. so it sould be coming up. I don't see a reason that it shouldn't come out.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
if anything, it better damn well be more extensive and informative this year :teach:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
not sure when it is scheduled for but there is no reason to think that they won't have one...youngsters playing in the nhl get disqualified from the list, so the lockout has absolutely no impact on the list.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
NYR469 said:
not sure when it is scheduled for but there is no reason to think that they won't have one...youngsters playing in the nhl get disqualified from the list, so the lockout has absolutely no impact on the list.
But the past draft would, so they couldn't use "The list wouldn't be impacted" as an excuse.

espo*

I've been wondering about this too as i really look forward to it every year.I have no idea whther it will be nixed now or not.I hope they do it anyway.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Normally they print it at HN #24.
Third week of February.

In 2003 it was Feb. 21st.
In 2004 it was Feb. 17th.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
gonzopher said:
It looks like last year was 02/09 ...

http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=20617&cat=954945254361

... so, either it's coming out soon, or THN will just be too busy reporting other things (season schedules, FA signings, etc.) to make room for it ...

Just to put it clear:
The site was Feb. 9th., but the newspaper w/ Hasek facing Joseph on frontpage was from Feb. 17th. Future watch 2004, ranking hockey`s top 50 prospects.

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
Vipers said:
Just to put it clear:
The site was Feb. 9th., but the newspaper w/ Hasek facing Joseph on frontpage was from Feb. 17th. Future watch 2004, ranking hockey`s top 50 prospects.

... ah ... gotcha.

I don't have my old hard copy handy, and I can't remember: How extensive are the write-ups in last year's edition? The site just lists them 1-50.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The write ups are pretty lame IMO. There are small paragraphs about each teams top 5 and then a sentence about the 5-10. I wish that it would be a little bit more like the draft coverage.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
Hockey News(paper) -- HARDLY

The HN has been lame. More like a newsletter. SOOOOO SAD. LACE-EM-UP BOYS!!!!! Create some content for HN.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Alfie#11 said:
As per the lastest issue (got mine by mail today), the prospect review will be out March 1, 2005.
The Florida Postal system is so damn slow. They take a week extra to get you a magazine. So I haven't gotten mine (My dad's) yet.

But thanks for the great news!

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
cyclops said:
I've been wondering about this too as i really look forward to it every year.I have no idea whther it will be nixed now or not.I hope they do it anyway.
Why would they not have it? As unlikely as it may seem, there is still the very slim chance that the lockout may end, and if so, there will be a draft as scheduled in Ottawa. If there is no season then there will be no draft, but all of the information is still pertinent and valid. Not to worry boys and girls they will have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad