Will this guy make the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
He isn't a surefire NHL'er but he does have some promise. Once you get past the first couple rounds, the likeliness of these guys playing goes down so you try to pick guys who have some qualities that could make them an NHL'er. Carcillo plays an agitating game with a lot of speed and some decent offensive skills. He will never be a scorer but if he gets stronger and works on his discipline he may fill a 3rd or 4th line role. I'm sure when Pittsburgh drafted him they expected him to take several years before he may be at the level to play in the NHL. He wouldn't have been my first choice at that position but I don't think he is a waste as he is a decent prospect.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
VernonForrest said:
He isn't a surefire NHL'er but he does have some promise. Once you get past the first couple rounds, the likeliness of these guys playing goes down so you try to pick guys who have some qualities that could make them an NHL'er. Carcillo plays an agitating game with a lot of speed and some decent offensive skills. He will never be a scorer but if he gets stronger and works on his discipline he may fill a 3rd or 4th line role. I'm sure when Pittsburgh drafted him they expected him to take several years before he may be at the level to play in the NHL. He wouldn't have been my first choice at that position but I don't think he is a waste as he is a decent prospect.

I will be watching Carcillo when Sarnia comes to Toronto to play St. Mikes in about a week or so.

Check the Pens board then as I will be sure to post a report.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
He's very fast with a lot of upside, not a definite bet for the NHL but is always skating hard and plays well positionally.

He has been labeld a whiner and a coach killer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->