Will There Be A Miracle Within The Next 48hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
Hab-Dawgs said:
Seriously, what the **** are goodenow and bettman doing? why haven't they been negotiating for the past months, it seems like they only submit stuff to each other once in a while, reject the other's proposal and jerk it for another couple of months before coming up with some half-assed excuse for a proposal that is obviously not to the other's satisfaction.

I say we get a petition going to have goodenow and bettman locked in a room together until they get a new CBA signed. Actually, even after they get something signed they can stay in that room forever. Bettman and Goodenow aren't doing their jobs! They aren't getting anything done, they're screwing everything up for millions of people. WHY HAVEN"T THEY BEEN FIRED YET!?!?!?!?!

Because this is a **issing match and they won't be happly until they've **issed an entire season or two away.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
All negotiations go to the 11th hour, that's when all the movement begins...even if the deadline comes and goes, both sides no that technically they can still cut preseason and camp short and still start the season on time...right now they are simply playing a game of chicken...I would still be shocked if they don't start the season on time...I think the owners will eventually (within a week) accept a version of the players proposal, it will just be a short contract 3 years...
The game is in no position right now to survive a strike... they know baseball took 10 years to recover...hockey is already hurting in the big market USA...plus, if there's a lookout, the NHL would likely lose enough fans in the untraditional markets that these teams would eventually move or fold...
I'm still optimistic we will see hockey as scheduled.

Solak

Dec 24, 2003
Rochester, MN
Visit site
balddog66 said:
All negotiations go to the 11th hour, that's when all the movement begins...even if the deadline comes and goes, both sides no that technically they can still cut preseason and camp short and still start the season on time...right now they are simply playing a game of chicken...I would still be shocked if they don't start the season on time...I think the owners will eventually (within a week) accept a version of the players proposal, it will just be a short contract 3 years...
The game is in no position right now to survive a strike... they know baseball took 10 years to recover...hockey is already hurting in the big market USA...plus, if there's a lookout, the NHL would likely lose enough fans in the untraditional markets that these teams would eventually move or fold...
I'm still optimistic we will see hockey as scheduled.

I would love to say I'm as optimistic as you, unfortunately I'm not. I have lost about any glimmer of hope. The two sides aren't even trying to get anything worked out. I hate to say it, but I don't really think anyone cares about us, the fans, except us. :mad:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Fire Sather said:
Indeed. Screw off Bettman.

Come on. Any other Commish would be in his spot locking out the players today. The league has no choice. Owners are fed up with the high salaries and are ready to leave.

Last edited:

Mooch

Nov 6, 2003
NC/Toronto/Florida
Wayne Gretzky said it best in 94.........

"If it wasent concluded in 16 months, how will they conclude it in 2 weeks"

Now thats not an exact quote, but its along those lines.

Get ready for a lock-out ladies and gents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad