Will There Be a Leak Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah there's no way in hell these guys aren't talking as we speak.

SPARTAKUS*

I think that both parties would be crazy not to make a deal. The players did not want linkage done! The league wanted a salary cap done! So what's the probleme?????

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The owners will have Bettman's head if this settlement falls apart over $2.5 million.Ed Snider is pushing hard for a settlement.If this thing falls apart,Bettman will not need to pick up the phone to hear Snider yelling at him.Bettman will be able to hear Snider from South Jersey

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
bladoww said:
Yeah there's no way in hell these guys aren't talking as we speak.

Exactly. Bettman couldn't be that stupid by not talking tonight and Goodenow couldn't be that stupid by not picking up the phone and calling Bettman. Being this close to a deal right and then letting it go by and having no hockey this year is suicide.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Doc Hollywood said:
Exactly. Bettman couldn't be that stupid by not talking tonight and Goodenow couldn't be that stupid by not picking up the phone and calling Bettman. Being this close to a deal right and then letting it go by and having no hockey this year is suicide.
For some reason I can :shakehead

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
RangerBoy said:
The owners will have Bettman's head if this settlement falls apart over $2.5 million.Ed Snider is pushing hard for a settlement.If this thing falls apart,Bettman will not need to pick up the phone to hear Snider yelling at him.Bettman will be able to hear Snider from South Jersey

You can hear John McCaw's teeth grinding all the way from Seattle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Doc Hollywood said:

Bettman has been stupid for 10 years. No reason for it to change now.

mrs9x

Nov 16, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Visit site
Parody letter from Goodenow:

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the offer. After reading it, I used it to wipe my a$$ while sitting on the can. At least the offer served one purpose.

Sincerely,

Bob

P.S. - How does 46 mil sound?

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Whatever leaks to the press is not worth trusting. I am pretty sure NHL doesn't just sit and wait for the union to decline the offer and cancel the season tomorrow, the lines are open they are talking as we speak. They both did a good job on hiding and leaking whatever they wanted.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
I don't know, guys. This could very well be a take it or leave it deal. Bettman seems pretty sure of that! He even said that there is no more room for negotiation, that it's too late for that......... I could be wrong, though.........

mrhockey123

I think it's foolhardy of us to think of the information as "leaks"
Sure, leaks as in 'there just happen to be a Pepsi machine as the Terminator ran by....'

In this day and age, information is worth its weight in gold a million times over.
Having said that, only trustworthy people will be in the 'know' and so no leak is accidental.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but rest assured we are watching something as carefuly staged as the presidential election.

Both the NHL and PA know there are two wars: the PR war, and the salary war. And it isn't good enough to win one of them you have to win both.

IF the NHL is refusing to negotiate, then I think we will see a "leak" that the PA would settle at 45 mil. That way the PA would gather a lot of public support assuming the NHL decided to stay firm to its 40 million offer.

If the NHL and PA are negotiating then I think 'no news' is good news. That means they are too busy actualy talking to play the spin game.

here's hoping it stays quiet enough to hear the proverbial mouse scurrying around...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
I am sure that they are talking as we speak...hopefully this is how it plays out (knock wood a lot)

The Players reject and counteroffer with $45 mil...Bettman will not cancel the remainder of the season with a $2.5 mil gap and the PA knows that...The league than says we will give you an addition $1-1.5 mil...and the new CBA will sign at $43.5-44...I THINK Talks will go on all night and stalemate over night until other talks start up again in the morning...

do not be suprised that at 1 pm when bettman talks no one will know what he's going to say because he will probably just be leaving a meeting

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Bettman gave the PA til 11 am to say yes or no...that time can very easily move up until 1 pm, at which time a league press conf has been scheduled for the last 48 hours

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Can someone explain to me what benefit the Players have by not accepting or potentially cancelling the seasone if they can make a counter proposal say around 45 million?

They wons see anything close to this if the seasone is lost

I'm talking anywere from a 25-30 million dollar solary cap

The owners will always be billionares

they just want their teams to be competative

players need to put food on the table for their familys

If the seasone is lost it's gonna be like trying to recover from a war that you just lost..(in a hockey sense)

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
man i hope they get this done. we would get hockey every other night for the next 4 months. if not, no hockey for at least another 7 months.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
This will mos def get done. We (and yes WE - us FANS) have come this far, they are THIS CLOSE, it will get done.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
sharkyz15 said:
Can someone explain to me what benefit the Players have by not accepting or potentially cancelling the seasone if they can make a counter proposal say around 45 million?
)

exactly. They CANNOT benefit. Look folks, the only reason this will get turned down and the season cancelled is because of ego's. Thats it. If Bettman cancels the season the players union is done. Finished. Thats the most important part in that letter, that if you dont except this, the one the players will get in the fall or spring or whatever will pale in comparison to this one.

NewBreed19

I think that the NHLs offer of 44.7 hard cap is very solid and the fact that we haven't got word on rejection , seems to indicate that the NHLPA is thinking about the proposal seriously. They might be in conversation with th NHL to see if the hard cap may be raised. Either way , it doesn't seem like it was rejected out of hand. Didn't JR and the other pa members talk of a hard cap at 42mill anyways? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->