Will there be a 2022 MLB season?

Will there be a 2022 MLB season?

• Total voters

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I started this thread on the baseball board, but figured I'd start it here as well as it's relevant for this board too (if another mod disagrees, feel free to remove one of the threads). With the expiring CBA and negotiations between the union and the owners becoming increasingly polarized, how do you think the upcoming CBA dispute will affect the 2022 season? Do you think it will be cancelled entirely?

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
With how utterly beyond f***ed relationships are between the MLB and MLBPA, I'm 100% expecting a lockout in 2022.
Yeah, my hopes are down as well.

Baseball is entering a crucial several years. Many fans are upset about how the game has evolved into "3 true outcomes." Throw in the likelihood of a players' strike, and I think MLB is in serious danger of falling to the 4th or 5th most popular sports league in the US by the end of the decade.

I for one absolutely hate modern baseball. Gimme the days of base hits, steals, and triples any day of the week. I don't think I can stop watching baseball altogether, but I have watched much less lately than I used to because it's just not the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad