Will the WJC Games AIR in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Im afraid to ask because im sure that no channel would even think about airing it because its hockey..god forbit they put a HOCKEY game on in the US with a bunch of unproven stars. :rolleyes:

But seriously...does anybody know if they will be airing the games? Hopefully not just the championship game either...I wanna see some CROSBY in action!

Stefferdoos

Apr 5, 2003
Nashua, NH
Visit site
I don't think they are...

I checked the schedule at espn.com for both ESPN and ESPN2's schedules through Jan 19th and there is nothing WJC related on it. However if you want to watch the 9 millionth re-run of the WSOP, billiards, cheerleading or even double dutch jump rope (serious!!). They've got you covered.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Stefferdoos said:
I checked the schedule at espn.com for both ESPN and ESPN2's schedules through Jan 19th and there is nothing WJC related on it. However if you want to watch the 9 millionth re-run of the WSOP, billiards, cheerleading or even double dutch jump rope (serious!!). They've got you covered.

someone posted a link here a while back that stated that yes, the USA WJC games would be televised.

Reilly311

I don't think anyone would know, but will they be showing the TSN broadcast? I doubt ESPN is going to sepnd money with their own crew/cameras etc...

Unless FSN or some other station will be showing the games.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
The games have been on the schedule for a few weeks, but the listings are not so easy to navigate so it might have been an easy miss.

I don't think any details have been released yet, but I would not be surprised to see the TSN broadcast in the states.

I am sure all of the listings are subject to change, but based on a more thorough review of the prelim round games:

ESPN 2
12/25 8:30 USA vs Russia

12/27 9:00 USA vs Switzerland

12/29 9:30 USA vs Belarus

12/30 USA vs Czech Republic game not listed

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
yes, I am very pleased that they will broadcast at least some of the games. Last year's final game was only telecast tape delayed (except on Center Ice) although I was able to watch the game live while on vacation in Ottawa.

Last edited:

IkeaMonkey*

I'm willing to bet they are PM since the games are in North Dakota.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
pm. I am sure someone will post a more complete schedule, closer to the tournament start. Also, see my earlier post for a link to the ESPN tv listings by day.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wish Direct TV would cover some games not featuring the US. Im not even going to be able to see one game with Crosby in it.

Cant wait till Xmas though...get to watch Montoya in action against some competition.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'll get to see Malkin play!!! What a great Christmas present!

Isn't it sad that they have Hockey(US v SWISS) on ESPN2 and figure skating on the main channel?

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
The figure skating event is a big one I think. So thats why there not showing all the U.S's games. I was told they will show other games too that haven't been listed.

Jazz

Here is the link for the games TSN is broadcasting:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature.asp?fid=4124

The fact that TSN is showing the American games in Canada tells me that it is the TSN broadcast that will be shown in the US as well (otherwise why would TSN produce the game and not show it here within Canada).

You all should do what I heard someone do in another board - get a Canadian satelite system. ;)

Jazz

Riggs said:
I'll get to see Malkin play!!! What a great Christmas present!

Isn't it sad that they have Hockey(US v SWISS) on ESPN2 and figure skating on the main channel?

This is worse (in a different sence) - on Xmas day, it will be USA vs Russia at 8:30pm EST - now you'd think that this game would be the most marketable (relatively speaking of course) - but just plain bad-luck that it will be up against NFL Football (on ESPN) with the Denver Broncos vs Tennessee Titans at the exact same time. :banghead:

Jazz

Gurj said:
Here is the link for the games TSN is broadcasting:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature.asp?fid=4124

The fact that TSN is showing the American games in Canada tells me that it is the TSN broadcast that will be shown in the US as well (otherwise why would TSN produce the game and not show it here within Canada).

You all should do what I heard someone do in another board - get a Canadian satelite system. ;)

I forgot to add one thing: Last year when the USA made the SF round (vs Sweden) in the World Championships, all of a sudden that game was available in Canada (though I might have been tape-delayed - I can't remember) with the TSN crew (it was not on the original TSN sked). Apparently it was that same TSN feed that was shown in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad