Speculation: Will the sens retire #65 when EK retires?

#65 next 11?

• Total voters

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I think his number will be retired just because of the lack of franchise history in Ottawa. I do think Erik Karlsson is the most talented played the Senators have ever had but at the same time I feel like he wasn't in Ottawa long enough that it should be a lock which is no fault to Erik, he wanted to stay.

Reactions: Deku

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
If by some miracle Melnyk is still the owner, it is probably less likely, especially if EK goes on to accomplish a lot with his new team(s). If there's some other owner and the Melnyk years are seen as the dark ages of the club, then probably they will retire it to acknowledge that he shouldn't have left and they will have no issue with making the old organization look bad.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Does EK play one year in SJ and then return? Well then build a statue and retire his jersey.

Does he sign next week for 8 years and lead the Sharks to multiple cups?
Then let the Shsrks honour him.

Way too many future variables to make a rational choice.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yes. If Cam Neely can get his number retired with an O6 team like the Bruins, Karlsson will get his with Ottawa.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
With a different management, under the right circumstances, I say yes!!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
With a different management, under the right circumstances, I say yes!!

It probably wouldn't happen within the next 15 years for sure.. You'd have to wait until Karlsson retires, then wait for him to get inducted in the HoF, then maybe add a couple years on top. You'd be looking at 20+ years for sure. I don't think Melnyk is going to live that long, and Dorion is certainly not going to be the GM.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad