Will the Seattle Kraken make the Playoffs in their Maiden Season?

Will the Kraken make the playoffs in the 2021-22 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Theyre more likely to finish last overall then make the playoffs. Thus far I absolutely loath the job they've done building a team thus far. On paper they're hot garbage.

Reactions: banks

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
No, because I think the Los Angeles Kings have a good season and at minimum take a wildcard spot.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I wouldn't say the division as that big of a deal. It's not like Seattle should be a lot better than most of the teams, so they'll be competitive games.

Vegas is Vegas. Oilers have gained more depth for McDrai the last couple years, Kings added Arvidsson/Danault/Edler in one summer so they can push to stay in the bubble, Calgary usually plays better the season after they disappointed so they can still be semi-competitive and the Canucks look like a playoff team on paper to me.

Just because they're in the same division with the Ducks and the Sharks doesn't mean that making the playoffs is easy. Central will be a strong division and could easily have 5 teams making it, and they play everyone three times from there.

Im going to say no, but really who knows. I do see potentially a good team in Seattle if most things go right, but even then it might not be enough. Im not banking on any dream scenarios like Geekie scoring 40 goals regardless though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I had forgotten they had Hakstol as a coach and might amend my answer.

The expansion draft made it very clear that Francis wants to build through the draft (at least one hopes that's the purposeful plan and he didn't tank it on accident). I still don't know who's going to score the goals for this team.

Dunno about that, the lack of side deals and all those UFAs don't look like build through the draft to me...

Reactions: banks

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think they would need a minor miracle to make it. Thanks to Vegas the bar has been set higher that's for sure.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
[...]

Dunno about that, the lack of side deals and all those UFAs don't look like build through the draft to me...

Yep. Could have made a ton of side deals and gained picks that way. Or taken some overpriced but good players, and then flipped them with retention for picks. But Seattle did nothing like that.

Instead they prioritized cap space, just to sign Grubauer to fill their already strongest position.

They won't make the playoffs. Not by a long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad