NBA Will the Sacramento Kings make the playoffs soon?

Will the Kings make the playoffs soon?

• Yes, this season (21-22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If the Kings fail to clinch a playoff berth for this upcoming season (2021-22), they'll have the record that no one wants. They will have surpassed the 1976-77 to 1991-92 Clippers playoff drought as the leagues longest of all time, they've already tied that mark.

They have a great collection of young talent. Fox is an All-Star caliber PG who turns 24 this December, Haliburton was a great pick last year and this kid Mitchell who they drafted this summer, looks intriguing. Problem is, the West is really, really tough and there's other teams vying for those play-in spots that are just as good if not better than the Kings.

But, this is arguably their best team since the mid 00's when they last made it and eventually they've got to sneak in right? I mean the Timberwolves broke a 13 year drought not that long ago so it can be done. So is this the year they do it, and if not, when?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Won't be this year. It's clear the Kings have something cooking with Fox and Halliburton but they don't have much else. They also play in a relatively strong west.

It is hilarious to me how teams like Memphis realized their core had run its course, tore it down, sucked, and then built a new core (Morant/Jackson) all in the same span as the Kings yet the latter has continued to go nowhere while Memphis looks like they're on the way back up to becoming a playoff regular again.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
been a terrible franchise for a long time hopefully they make it . they are like the detriot lions of the Nfl the norwich city of premier league.. the baltimore/tigers/pirates of the Mlb and the arizona coyotes of the nhl only the nba version

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I feel for the fans. It'd be one thing if Sacramento had another big league pro team but they don't. The Kings are it and they stink. It reminds me of the Hurricanes pre Rod being coach, never a playoff team yet never bad enough for a franchise changing talent.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
No matter what anyone says, Luke is a good coach. Hard when the team hasn’t been coachable in 15 years.

Fire upper management and ownership

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I feel for the fans. It'd be one thing if Sacramento had another big league pro team but they don't. The Kings are it and they stink. It reminds me of the Hurricanes pre Rod being coach, never a playoff team yet never bad enough for a franchise changing talent.
They have other pro teams (AAA and mls-minor league team), just none on that level.

Sep 19, 2008
No matter what anyone says, Luke is a good coach. Hard when the team hasn’t been coachable in 15 years.

Fire upper management and ownership
No he isn't a good coach. Lakers fans knew this and tried to warn yinz. Yinz didn't listen.

Under Walton the Kings had one of the worst defenses in the NBA. Sort of like the Lakers before AD.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yes he is.

I live around a bunch of Lakers fans and most of them say he was a good coach that was perfect for the young Lakers until Lebrun unexpectedly came to town and got the coach he wanted

Stop making stuff up, Ix.

Sep 19, 2008
Yes he is.

I live around a bunch of Lakers fans and most of them say he was a good coach that was perfect for the young Lakers until Lebrun unexpectedly came to town and got the coach he wanted

good coach

losing record

doesn't compute

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
About as many as any other Kings coach in 15 years.

Blaming the coach for the Kings current situation is no different than blaming the current president for all the current inflation issues.

Sep 19, 2008
About as many as any other Kings coach in 15 years.
implying the other coaches preceding Walton had a star studded roster :rolleyes:

With Halliburton and all the Kings were supposed to "end the streak". You said it yourself.

If the talent is there, why did the coach get fired?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yes he is.

he made the lakers a good defensive team in his time there, but that's pretty much it

offensively, he tried to implement the same high PnR system the warriors used but of course it didn't work because the lakers didn't have the right pieces for it. it was that and iso ball every single game. luke's main problem was that he never changed things up once it became obvious his system wasn't working. aside from that, he was terrible with his rotations and TO usage

not sure what system he was running in sacramento, but in LA he was one of those coaches who could only be successful if he had the right pieces for his system. pretty much like d'antoni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad