Will the Sabres make the playoffs? Put your money where your mouth is.

Will the Buffalo Sabres qualify for the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs?

• Total voters

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Screenshot_20231015-223008.png
I saw this exchange between two posters whose opinions I genuinely respect, and thought it might be fun to set up a wager similar to what happens on a baseball board I'm on. The wager: predict whether the Sabres will make the playoffs, and if you're wrong you donate $50 USD (or currency equivalent) to Hockey Fights Cancer (or other charity of your choice).

Purely honor system, no enforcement mechanism other than karma being a bitch.

Winners get bragging rights, losers pay up to a good cause.

I'll go first: I predict the Sabres will make the playoffs, and if they don't I will be donating $50 to HFC.

I'll bump this in April so losers can post receipts and winners can say I told you so.

(Mods: as far as I can tell this doesn't violate any rules, but if it does feel free to nuke with no hard feelings)

Reactions: KiwiGriff

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'll say barring any significant injures, yes they make the playoffs this year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This year or ever?

You know what…doesn’t matter. I’ve got my vote.

sabresnyper

Jun 23, 2009
Syracuse, NY
No, unfortunately. I like a lot of what Adams has done, but Im not confident he can pull the trigger at the deadline to get something to push the group over the top. Getting Quinn will likely be looked at like a deadline acquisition. We need one more top 4 D.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
@Fordy we are apparently respectable :)

I’m putting my money down for yes. The team will come right over the season and make it in.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
We should end up near where we were last year because we have the same team. Teams as we’ve already seen are taking us more seriously and so ill choose a miss. I’ve expressed my frustration about this. I wont be surprised if im wrong but I’ll still be frustrated that the NHL roster wasn’t improved.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I waffled on this all summer.

I wanted to say yes. I even did a couple times.

But Adams didn't take it seriously, and through 4 games, neither have the players.

So 13 it is, and I'm about ready to tap.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad