GDT: Will the real Calgary Flames please stand up: Game 4 - Flames @ Avalanche, 8PM, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Hard to win in the playoffs when Gaudreau and Monahan are your best players. There would have to be such a sick supporting cast around them. Tkachuk is decent but he does have another level for sure, He is still young though. Calgary should look to jersey and see if Taylor Hall is available, Taylor Hall would help immensely in the playoffs when push comes to shove. He is a bull in a China shop when he is determined.

Flames still have a chance but they really need to find a way to shut MacKinnon down.

MrGameAndWatch

Jun 23, 2014
I was about to enter the suicide booth but Anglesmith's positivity is pulling me back from the despairs of "what the f*** is this team".

Thank you Anglesmith.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I was about to enter the suicide booth but Anglesmith's positivity is pulling me back from the despairs of "what the **** is this team".

Thank you Anglesmith.

It's been terrible for 3 months but we didn't believe it

I blame anglesmith

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Also if Chucky thinks he can get anywhere near Matthews money, I'd sit him down, and have him watch his pathetic play off performance.

Dude is costing himself a lot of dough. Another complete no show.

I agree; I’ve always raised my eyebrows at all the talk about this huge contract he is going to get. A solid player but he will never have the foot speed to be truly elite. He needs two skaters with speed on his line. Backlund really does a lot for him. There was a play yesterday in the neutral zone where Tkachuk had to dish it off to backs just to ensure the puck got moved into the avs end. 5-6.5 per season should be his range based on his playoff performance.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I enjoyed the Valimaki-Andersson pair too.

Hanifin-Hamonic were a tirefire.

Forwards were a bigger problem. the Bennett-Jankowski-Neal doesn't work. There is just zero chemistry as all three stay on the walls leaving the slot vacant.

Our lines need to be revamped hard

Giordano-Brodie
Valimaki-Andersson
Kylington-Hamonic

Gaudreau-Bennett-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Backlund-Lindholm
Czarnik-Jankowski-Monahan
Frolik-Ryan-Dube
Valimaki was quite good he was noticed when he should be and invisible when he should be. Few early jitters handling the puck but that is to be expected.

As for your lineup changes I’m ready to dress Kylington as a forward (in Neal’s spot) if it means getting him in the lineup.

Monahan on the third line though... yeah he’s obviously still injured. Not sure if he’s any more effective at centre than Bennett right now. So I say why not? It’s not like that line can be less effective.

Reactions: Janks

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
So I need to go find my phone because it went flying in a rage after the game ended, hopefully it isn’t broken, wish me luck

Update: the case came off a little bit but the phone is intact! I really need to start keeping it away from me when i watch flames games, it’s been thrown into the couch more times than i can count

Been there many times man...you need a stress ball during games! Just don't throw the remote!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The biggest thing for me is the fact that we've now had the lead twice and lost it in the last 5 or so minutes of the game. Poor calls or not, we have to be better at closing a game out.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Neal isn't an NHL player anymore.

And what was Backlund thinking on that OT goal...?

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Valimaki was quite good he was noticed when he should be and invisible when he should be. Few early jitters handling the puck but that is to be expected.

As for your lineup changes I’m ready to dress Kylington as a forward (in Neal’s spot) if it means getting him in the lineup.

Monahan on the third line though... yeah he’s obviously still injured. Not sure if he’s any more effective at centre than Bennett right now. So I say why not? It’s not like that line can be less effective.

I was impressed with Valimaki. Flames got a very good one.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Very difficult to be optimistic now. It's now two games where we gave up the lead late and the ability to close out games that was so apparent with this team has now disappeared, which has been the case for the last few months. It's blind hope to think they'll magically turn it around next game but I will probably wake up tomorrow blindly hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad