GDT: Will the real Calgary Flames please stand up: Game 4 - Flames @ Avalanche, 8PM, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Time to see which team shows up. Line-ups to follow

D4XQ63LXsAADsDb.jpg

"You always look at games after and you realize, when you think they're really good, they're not that good - and when they're really, really bad, they're not that bad. I know last night we gave up a ton of chances and a ton of shots, but it was because we were trying too hard. We were trying to erase that three-goal lead right away and were taking too many risks." - Mark Giordano

"We're giving them too much. [MacKinnon]'s so good on transition. Coming up through the D zone, picking up the puck, picking up speed and making a great play. The best way to play against a player like that is to frustrate him and not give him all the time to pretty much toy around and have fun out there. We've got to do a better job with that and not feed their transition so much." - Noah Hanifin

"We've got a few guys that are fully engaged in the game at the right level. Smitty's one of them. He didn't want to come out. He's had a full day to recover and we all know how good of shape he's in, so he'll be fine for tomorrow." - Bill Peters

"We're really confident. We've been confident from the start that we think we can come out of this series. With that being said, I think Calgary is going to come out with some more fire next game and next game's a huge game for us. We have to have that same start we had last game. We came out right away, played our game and the atmosphere was great. We had all the energy on our side" - Matt Nieto

Kerfoot - MacKinnon - Landeskog
Wilson - Soderberg - Rantanen
Calvert - Compher - Nieto
Andrighetto - Jost - Bourque

Cole - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Nemeth - Makar

Grubauer
Varlamov

Last edited:

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Avs fan here, hoping it's not in bad form to post here.

I have a bad feeling about tonight's game. My gut says the Flames take tonight's game and head back to Calgary with momentum.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Avs fan here, hoping it's not in bad form to post here.

I have a bad feeling about tonight's game. My gut says the Flames take tonight's game and head back to Calgary with momentum.

I had a slight feeling that the series would be a bit more hard fought than a steam roll. Many fans felt it would be a 5-6 game series coin flip on whichever team was more hot.

Flames stomped the Avs on their home opener. Avs stomped the Flames in their home opener. I'm leaning towards something like a 4-3 Flames win in OT tonight.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
It's go time baby, time to show why we won 50 games and why we are the #1 seed in the west.

Not so bold of a prediction but my gut says whoever wins tonight will win the series.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Absolutely pumped for tonight! These are the games that prove what you're made of. Fully expect the boys to come out flying tonight, nobody likes being embarrassed like that.
Going to need some desperation tonight and I think they will deliver. GO FLAMES GO!

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Hopefully the filmed showed how easy it was for all the Avs, not just Mackinnon to enter our zone with speed.

Need to force dumps to Smith and let him start the breakout, but that requires a lot more back pressure from our forwards than we’ve had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->