Speculation: Will the Rangers have a fire sale?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I feel the Rangers should do a three-way deal that sends Staal to the Senators.

I think they sign Strome to a long-term low-risk contract.

Skjei either asks for a huge contract or gets traded to one of the top contenders with cap space, I'll say Colorado.

Kreider for sure should be traded to a contending team.

Haven't Sens fans suffered enough?

Reactions: Dijock94

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
ADA is more valuable than Kapanen.

The Rangers would be dealing from a position of strength as they already have Trouba and Fox on the right side.
I'm not sure ADA is as valuable to the Rangers as Kap is to TML. This would be a hockey trade based on needs and how each team perceives what their needs are.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
The Rangers would be dealing from a position of strength as they already have Trouba and Fox on the right side.
I'm not sure ADA is as valuable to the Rangers as Kap is to TML. This would be a hockey trade based on needs and how each team perceives what their needs are.
The Rangers would be foolish to trade ADA. He looks like an offensive stud and those dmen are more valuable than guys like Kapanen.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers would be foolish to trade ADA. He looks like an offensive stud and those dmen are more valuable than guys like Kapanen.

While I do agree with that. The right side is a position where we currently are pretty solid. Dealing from that excess to possibly get a guy like Kapanen is a no brainer to me. As much as I like ADA, I think Kapanen makes the Rangers a better team in the long run.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Krieder is most likely gone at the deadline. Smith and Staal are going to play (or sit) out their contracts, no one's trading for either. Fast idk, maybe, he's not worth much. I think the Rangers should try and keep strome for a reasonable extension. I would like the Rangers to try and trade Skjei in the offseason. Georgiev I guess could be traded if the Rangers feel they need to give Shestyorkin an NHL job to keep him from going back to Russia. Wouldn't be happy about it. Haley is completely worthless and McKegg should stick around on another 1 year deal.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
While I do agree with that. The right side is a position where we currently are pretty solid. Dealing from that excess to possibly get a guy like Kapanen is a no brainer to me. As much as I like ADA, I think Kapanen makes the Rangers a better team in the long run.

Its solid until we trade ADA lol then its Trouba and rookie and... who else?Keane? No thanks. And ADA is worth far more than Kapanen, not interested in that player at all.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sell off the UFA-to-be's at the deadline for the highest bids. Worry about shuffling out core guys in the summer prior to the draft.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
ADA's agent is going to be looking for blood at the contract table. He is going to get paid if he keeps this season going the way it has been so far. The Rangers will have to show him the money bc if they try to cheap him again, I think he is the type who would sign an offer sheet.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I don't think Skjei makes any sense in Colorado. We can't protect him in the expansion draft and we already have Girard locked in for 7 more years as well as Byram coming up on the left side. Don't see the fit there at all.

But we are obvious candidates in the Kreider sweepstakes given last years rumors unfortunately.
Just hope that does not happen or that atleast the price won't be too bad even though given that we have no 2nd rounder, odds are that I will hate the return...
Thought you guys were in the Hall sweepstakes?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Its solid until we trade ADA lol then its Trouba and rookie and... who else?Keane? No thanks. And ADA is worth far more than Kapanen, not interested in that player at all.

respectfully, this is the type of win now perspective that has burned our ass instead of constructive builds.

On top of cap world reality, there is exp draft concerns
We WILL protect Trouba, and b'c they are elcs currently if for no other reason, Hajek and Lindgren. Thankfully Fox, Rykov exempt.

DeAngelo MUST go, esp since, as is his right he is gonna want to start to get paid commensurate with improving results.
We don't HAVE TO do that type of deal now, but we should not be reluctant on pulling trigger, esp if a big deal helps us move other pieces.

We need to move Geo so begin. next yr Shesty and his elc are kicking in.
Need to move ADA similarly.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Kreider will be moved.

Strome and Fast could go either way. It depends on contract talks and what possible returns are out there. I think Fast stays and Strome seems to be earning another contract so it’s possible neither moves.

Skjei has term on his contract, is still young and is honestly a very good second pairing guy whose been asked to do a lot the past couple of seasons. There’s no urgency to move him. There’s a pipeline of guys behind him but they’re young and unproven. I feel he does eventually get moved, but I don’t think it happens this season. Possibly at the draft, more likely next year when we have a clearer idea of what we have. He also can hopefully recover some of his reputation in that time frame.

I don’t think the Rangers move any of their goalies yet. Everyone knows Hank has one more year. I think we’re going to keep all three until Hank is done.

Lias is 21. He’ll be given some time in Hartford. If he’s moved it’ll be down the road after he gets another crack at the NHL, and it will be in a package with a guy like Skjei.

So, really the only move I think the Rangers are making is Kreider. If someone wants McKegg for depth at the deadline, sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad