Will the Pens 3-peat?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
They are the favs but way too much has to go your way to win a cup. Injuries, form, etc has a huge impact and there's no way anyone should pick one team over the field in August.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Homer yes vote but who knows what our roster will look like going into the playoffs. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, MM could have season ending injuries and we will be an easy sweep.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
I hope not, there old and boring! Time for something new to happen! NHL is boring af right now, IRL we're going through the same ****. 12Yrs for life!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I hope not, there old and boring! Time for something new to happen! NHL is boring af right now, IRL we're going through the same ****. 12Yrs for life!

Winning, scoring the most, being fast is boring? Losing, scoring the least, being slow must make you get excited then I guess.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm a Pens fan, but realistically a yes/no poll is a 50%/50% poll...

Pens chances to win the Cup are way under 50%.

this is an easy no.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can you get that back to me in English?

Zwycięstwo, zdobywanie punktów, szybkość jest nudna? Zgubić, strzelając co najmniej, będąc wolnym musi sprawić, że będziesz podekscytowany, a potem zgaduję.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
If they remain healthy I don't see any team that can challenge them in the east. On paper WSH and TBL has a shot but won't be favorites imo.

But then again, in today's NHL the teams are so close that I wouldn't be surprised if the pens were somehow swept by a low seed team, since it only takes a few bounces and a hot goalie to completely tip the scale.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
I voted No because I don´t think they will but they are still among favorites. They have played lots of hockey last two years and have many injuries every year.

But I want them to 3-peat.

This year I think that Stars or Ducks will have best chance.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
They're definitely the favorites for sure and it's certainly possible. With that said I think that I'd take the field. It was tough enough as it was winning a second one (one goal away from losing in the conference finals) and they'll definitely have a target on their back being back to back champs.

As of right now it looks like it's tough/impossible to match up against them, but I expect certain teams to have breakout/bounce back years.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They are the favorite but it would be just stupid to say that they'll 100% win it again. Luck is a way bigger factor in hockey that most sports.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
They are definitely the favourites, perhaps even by a comfortable margin, but there is just too much variance in the NHL playoffs. They barely squeaked past Ottawa, even though they are clearly a better team. They've got a way better chance than any other team, but the odds are still against them.

Voted no, but that's more of a testament to NHL parity than anything about the Penguins.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
They are the favs but way too much has to go your way to win a cup. Injuries, form, etc has a huge impact and there's no way anyone should pick one team over the field in August.
The thing though is so much went against Pittsburgh and they still pulled it out. Losing Letang for the season, Murray getting injured in game 1 of the playoffs, revolving door of injuries during both the regular season and playoffs, Crosby getting clubbed in the head..their resilience no matter what happens has been incredible.

If i'm being honest i do think they can pull it off assuming no season ending injuries to Crosby/Malkin/Murray. The talent gap right now between Pittsburgh's forwards and the rest of the league is too large, and it's looking more and more like Matt Murray might be the best goalie in the league and Mike Sullivan possibly the best coach. I think it'll take the emergence of Edmonton/Toronto to take them down, but i don't think either team is ready to beat the pens in a playoff series yet.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're the favourites clearly, but they've played a lot of hockey over the past two years. I think they're going to gas out eventually and won't pull off the 3-peat.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Yeah, I like their chances 1 on 1 vs any team, but in the NHL when it's 1 team vs the field, you almost always have to take the field. The parity is too great in the current NHL for any team to realistically be a favorite vs the field in any given year.

That said I voted yes anyway since I'm obviously biased and I think they have a realistic chance to do it at least. Their steady dose of injuries at least has the positive of controlling the games played over the last 2 years to some degree for most of the roster.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
They should be the favourite. if I could only put money on one, I'd put my money on them. Them against the field with a full season ahead, nope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->