Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
2 teams that can realistically take the 3rd spot in the Atlantic and one of them is currently playing like **** so Toronto is getting in even if they are struggling.
And the other has been a walking hospital ward all year. What’s your point?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Leafs are where they are because Hutchinson is not even close to NHL level.

Now that Jack Campbell is here providing NHL level goaltending I expect Toronto to make it

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
No Ottawa/Buffalo/Detroit to **** on
And don't forget the other end where they play the top 2 teams in the league more as well. Boston and Tampa are 1-2 in the league and also in the Atlantic.

Or 7 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the same conference. Doesn't that count as well?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Florida needs a goalie. If they get one, they have a shot.

Almost all of HF is praying for it.

If they don't get a goalie soon, the Leafs will very likely make it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Who’s their 3rd string goalie. As funny as this may be, St Louis was in a similar position last year. Not saying Florida is going to win the cup. But with even average goaltending they would be in a playoff position this year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Who’s their 3rd string goalie. As funny as this may be, St Louis was in a similar position last year. Not saying Florida is going to win the cup. But with even average goaltending they would be in a playoff position this year.
I know your going to say it's Dubas fault for trading for him, however if Toronto had better starts from Michael Hutchinson they would be a much better playoff position today. Although early on Mike Babcock didn't help always playing him the second night of a back to back no matter what. So it's not just Florida who's had questions with their goaltending.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The leafs would be comfortably in one too if Andersen was good for more than just one month this season. Both teams have had terrible goaltending

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
No Ottawa/Buffalo/Detroit to **** on
They also don't have to play the Bruins or Tampa, or teams in the Metro as often. The East is way tougher. I mean, we are 8-3-1 vs the Pacific this year.

The Atlantic is 54-26-10 against the Pacific. Remove Boston and Tampa, plus keep the bad teams you mention, they are still 37-25-9. So, that Atlantic even without its two best teams is playing a 96 point pace over 82 games vs the Pacific. Overall, the Pacific is playing at a 77 point pace vs the Atlantic. And you are trying to call out the Atlantic for being weak?

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
When the NHL had the 1-8 system how many times did the Southeast Division team finish in 3rd with less points compared to the team who finished 4th? I know that happened in 2002 because Carolina got 91 points and Toronto got 100 points. Both teams played each other in the Eastern Conference Final and despite Toronto having more points, Carolina had home ice due to winning their division.
Just about every time? The good ole southLeast division.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Isn’t this the same **** every year with the panthers? If they don’t get that third seed in the Atlantic i don’t wanna hear any excuses. New “top” tier goalie and HOF coach
Usually they start out by putting themselves in a big hole, catching fire around this time of year and making a thrilling run to 9th.....
This year they were in third at all star break and have now hit their first extended stretch of poor play of the season. I think they will start playing better and winning again. Should be a fun race to the playoffs.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Toronto will definitely make it, although that has nothing to do with Florida.
How so? If Florida plays well enough to grab 3rd in the atlantic its gonna be very difficult for Toronto to grab a wild card.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
That Bobrovsky deal is absolutely terrible. It will be a major detriment to the remaining prime of Barkov and Huberdeau.

Reactions: Kurtz

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs have been decimated with injuries and bad goaltending (usually by Hutch). If they can get in, I think they can do damage if Rielly and Johnsson return for the playoffs.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Leafs have been decimated with injuries and bad goaltending (usually by Hutch). If they can get in, I think they can do damage if Rielly and Johnsson return for the playoffs.

Leafs problems are more to do with bad defense than goaltending. Freddie bailed them out the last two years and this year he can’t do everything

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Outside of Boston no one in the Atlantic division scares me for a true deep push. It’s going to be a blood bath of the Metro teams going into a conference final. In totally different ways the East is a battle field. The Atlantic with any team trying to find a way in. And the Metro just punching all of each other and all those that come into the room. The East is absolutely wild this year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs problems are more to do with bad defense than goaltending. Freddie bailed them out the last two years and this year he can’t do everything
The problem with Andersen is the types of goals he lets in which haven't helped. Against Dallas in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd period he let the first shot he faced get past him that resulted in 3 goals and the Leafs lost 3-2. Plus the 1st and 2nd goals didn't look good and all and they were shots he should not have let in.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Leafs are screwed either way. They either play Boston who they can't beat in the playoffs or they play Tampa who is very unlikely to choke 2 years in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad