Will the Oilers surprise us with the 1st pick?

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
It's been sounding like Landeskog has been ripping up the combine as far as overall readiness to hit the league. I think Hall could be moved back to center full time and have a beast on his wing in Landeskog.

Hall is much more suited for wing. The Oilers tried him out at center for a few games but you can tell, he is much better on the wing. Landeskog is more NHL ready right now then RNH but RNH is the better player and RNH seems like he's going to be NHL ready as well. He has a lot of time before the season starts and already weighs 177. I don't get how big people want a 17-18 year old kid to be. 177 is good enough to be in the NHL IMO and RNH is stronger then what a lot of people expected and this has been proven at the combine.

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
You must not come around these parts often because that comparison has been thrown around all season.

For me, I don't necessarily use comparisons to show of what I think a player might do during his career, I use them to show people what a player looks like when they play. Who they remind me of.

Me saying he = Datsyuk doesn't mean I think RNH is a future Selke winner.

Could he be? Possibly.

With that being said, one of RNH's best assets is his stick work and play on the backcheck. He has an uncanny ability to read the play, get his body in the right spot and lift a guys stick and steal the puck. All that while being very light compared to some of his opposition. If you were looking for one thing that he does very similarly to Datsyuk...this would be it.

Sounds like Alex Kovalev with heart?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Oilers have a lot invested in Paajarvi. His potential is yet to be seen but he looks like a real good top 6 winger, Huberdeau, like any undrafted player is a question mark

Agreed, you don't draft a good prospect who you got in a fine place in the draft just to trade him for the chance to draft another prospect. MPS playeed well last year for the most part and is scratching the surface.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
It puzzles me why people still saying Hall should or will be playing centre. He's been drafted as a winger and will remain in his LW spot, that is where he is most effective. Sure he might take the odd draw and maybe when an injury occurs fill in at C for brief stints but his freewheelin reckless abandon goal scoring style is best suited to the wing.

Koto

May 3, 2011
oilers should trade hemsky (MAYBE plus one of cogs/pitlick/chorney/hamilton) to boston or cbj for the 8/9, and then swap with nyi 8/9+19 for 5+35

oilers get to take the last player in the top 5 (which is where i personally draw a line) and probably double dip in centers, but any of cout lando hub larsson will be good addition to the presumtive 1st overall rnh

nyi will still be able to pick the second or third best defencemen at 8/9 (ott and wpg need forwards)

nyi also gets to move up from 35 to 19, they can either fill out their second line down the road with a forward pick, or add another defence prospect

oilers can then select two D at 31 and 35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad