Will the NHL have a 'Julian Nagelsmann'?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
So with all the hiring of veteran coaches and teams having rumors to the well-known guys like Q and TM, I was wondering...

Will the NHL ever have a shift in average coaching age and trend towards younger coaches?
For example, the Bundesliga has some younger coaches, with the youth movement led by Hoffenheim manager Julian Nagelsmann.
Julian Nagelsmann - Wikipedia

Will teams take gambles with younger, innovative head coaches like Hoffenheim did? Chicago seems to have taken this route with Jeremy Colliton, but will other teams follow? Will there ever be a head coach in their 20s? Who seems to be a potential candidate?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Arizona Coyotes took this approach with their GM, and I think Chayka has done a fine job so far.

The league is getting younger in terms of player age, but I think with coaching and management it can depend. I personally don’t care how old/young my team’s coach is as long as they are good at their job.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
So with all the hiring of veteran coaches and teams having rumors to the well-known guys like Q and TM, I was wondering...

Will the NHL ever have a shift in average coaching age and trend towards younger coaches?
For example, the Bundesliga has some younger coaches, with the youth movement led by Hoffenheim manager Julian Nagelsmann.
Julian Nagelsmann - Wikipedia

Will teams take gambles with younger, innovative head coaches like Hoffenheim did? Chicago seems to have taken this route with Jeremy Colliton, but will other teams follow? Will there ever be a head coach in their 20s? Who seems to be a potential candidate?

This has already happened. Paul Maurice was 28 when he became an NHL coach.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Looked at the homepage , saw "will the nhl have a 'Julian ..."

Thought it was going to be Julian Assange
fe29d27b5c6d4043eedfa3d7e6b827c8.jpg

Reactions: Albus Dumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad