News Article: Will the Montreal Canadiens go Shark fishing?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Sharks fan coming in peace. Please stop suggesting Weber and Moen, the Sharks don't need D and are looking to add scoring. We've been down the Moen road before and there's no way we'd want him back. We need a scoring winger and or picks and prospects, we'd add depending on value. Specifically we're looking to get faster, more skilled, and preferably younger. Don't know if our teams are the best trading partners but if you want a tough player who can play top 6 and seems to need a change of scenery, then Clowe is perfect for you.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Sharks fan coming in peace. Please stop suggesting Weber and Moen, the Sharks don't need D and are looking to add scoring. We've been down the Moen road before and there's no way we'd want him back. We need a scoring winger and or picks and prospects, we'd add depending on value. Specifically we're looking to get faster, more skilled, and preferably younger. Don't know if our teams are the best trading partners but if you want a tough player who can play top 6 and seems to need a change of scenery, then Clowe is perfect for you.

Unlikely they get a scoring winger for a guy with 6 assists who will be an UFA making over 4mill.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Unlikely they get a scoring winger for a guy with 6 assists who will be an UFA making over 4mill.

Which is why I said they would have to add and that we're probably not the best trade partners. Personally I wouldn't mind picks and prospects. Clowe has also been playing through some undisclosed injuries and he is capable of much more than he's showing, but even if healthy he's too slow to fit the teams needs.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
This would be a Dumb and Dumber type move, but they've moved on to Dallas and Chicago respectively.

Not a Bergevin deal, if he's to be taken at his word.

Fizzz

Jan 8, 2013
How about a deal for Murray only ...

Murray
vs
Dallas 3rd

i'd do that ....

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
how bout

To MTL :

Douglas Murray
Ryan Clowe

To SJS :

Travis Moen
Yannick Weber
MTL 2nd Round Pick

Clowe is a UFA this summer while Moen still has a few years left on hes contract and Murray cant be worth much more then a 2nd Weber for Depth purposes

Why would anyone want Moen or Weber? The 2nd is the best deal for them.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I was looking at your d-men and besides Boyle (10 points), I see very few d-men who score points.

Your whole defense scored 6 goals and 28 points. Letand alone has 26 points:amazed:.
Habs defence scored 17 goals and 74 points.
Granted the are very few scored against the Sharks...

Is it possible that your GM and you are not in agreement?

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Maybe Bourque for Clowe and Murray? Once he returns from injury of course

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe Bourque for Clowe and Murray? Once he returns from injury of course

I've pushing a lot to get Clowe, even in pre-season, but i'd rather keep Bourque' handy goal scoring than Clowe (whom i love) and wsshed up Murray.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Something about trading your captain when you're first does not compute.

And I'm not sure why the Sharks would want any part of Brian Gionta. But I'd like Havlat for sure. Ryder for Havlat would make me more happy.

maybe gionta and gomez can rekindle the magic they had in new jersey?? those two always played well together. :dunno:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
maybe gionta and gomez can rekindle the magic they had in new jersey?? those two always played well together. :dunno:

I know the sharks want to get faster, but when have they ever gone after a small player under Wilson's watch? I'm just asking, because I cant remember any.

I doubt they would go after him or his contract.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No you're not. Bergevin will stick to his plan and it's the best one. Build through the draft. If he does a deal, it's not for rental player.

I wouldn't go that far. MB may do a rental...but he won't do a Smyth to NYI type deal. He may do a rental for a 3rd or 4th rounder or B prospect type deal.

His plan A sounds like it's to add a 2-3 year player on defense. If Plan A fails he may deal a pick/B prospect for a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad