News Article: Will the Montreal Canadiens go Shark fishing?

We Want The 25

Go Habs Go
Sep 7, 2006
Murray might not be what people think he is. He's a slow stay at home defencemen that hits hard, but he's realy on the downhill and has been a healty scratch in SJ. Will fight once in while, and is good at it, but compared to him Moen is a blood thirsty beast who's looking to fight on every shifts.

no one is expecting him to fight really we just really lack physical defencmen and Murray on 3rd pairing would be great for us IMO

Aug 25, 2009
éal
We should try something around Gionta for Havlat. Buy low.

Something about trading your captain when you're first does not compute.

And I'm not sure why the Sharks would want any part of Brian Gionta. But I'd like Havlat for sure. Ryder for Havlat would make me more happy.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If the price was right, then it's a no brainer. Question everyone is rightly asking is why does SJ make that deal unless they're fleecing us?

Good in theory but likely not practical.

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
Clowe would fit great, but Armstrong/Moen would have to sit barring injuries. If we could get him for Weber and a pick or two, I'd be all over that.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Thanks for the comments guys. You don't want Havlat in a Habs uniform. He's soft, bad defensively and on the downhill offensively, which is one of the reasons why CLowe is not scoring as they play on the same line.

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
I would not target Clowe. Yes, he's big and can put points up. But, he's also extremely undisciplined.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
PLEASE don't give away prospects or picks. Gallagher was a fifth round pick.

Go with the team we have and sign players in the summer.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The Canadiens should have Clowe high on their wish-list (UFA signing, don't go and waste picks for him this postseason).

He compares well to Lucic. Same weight but less tall, fights more and scores about 20 goals a season (which is a downside on Lucic who's more of a goal-scorer). As of now, Montreal relies a lot on small and skilled players. Clowe could bring this much needed balance.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
PLEASE don't give away prospects or picks. Gallagher was a fifth round pick.

And that seems to be the way MB is going, as he said he will not mortgage the future. Which is great, hopefully this means he won't be giving away much if he makes any deals. Weber/Kabs and picks lower than the 4th round are all i'd be really willing to see us moving. If no one wants that stuff then i'd stand pat and go with what we got. After last season's results, anything better is great, being in the playoffs is a bonus.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Canadiens should have Clowe high on their wish-list (UFA signing, don't go and waste picks for him this postseason).

He compares well to Lucic. Same weight but less tall, fights more and scores about 20 goals a season (which is a downside on Lucic who's more of a goal-scorer). As of now, Montreal relies a lot on small and skilled players. Clowe could bring this much needed balance.

If the Habs are serious about Clowe and want to keep him around longer then simply being a rental then I have no problem sending them a pick. If it's only for a rental purpose I'd hang on to my pick. Any chance the Sharks would want Moen back?:naughty:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
If the Habs are serious about Clowe and want to keep him around longer then simply being a rental then I have no problem sending them a pick. If it's only for a rental purpose I'd hang on to my pick. Any chance the Sharks would want Moen back?:naughty:

Why get a big player only to get rid of one? Moen is having a down year, but he has been good for this team. He's really reliable. People bashing him for not fighting are forgetting that he never was a big fighter in the beginning except his AHL days. Sure, he could give Prust some rest time by fighting anyone who's willing, but it's much more complex than this. You don't fight ''only'' to fight unless you're a goon, which Moen isn't.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
how bout

To MTL :

Douglas Murray
Ryan Clowe

To SJS :

Travis Moen
Yannick Weber
MTL 2nd Round Pick

Clowe is a UFA this summer while Moen still has a few years left on hes contract and Murray cant be worth much more then a 2nd Weber for Depth purposes

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'd take Murray as depth for a 7th D over Kaberle/Weber/Pateryn, sure...problem is, he's going to cost more than a depth defenseman should just because of his reputatation and experience.

Clowe, well, I've already made my thoughts on him known. Depending on the cost, I think we could really regret it if we don't make a move to get him while he's available.

Oct 22, 2012
Moen isn't going anywhere, and weber has 0 trade value. The sharks will want picks and/or prospects, not something I agree with just to have a big body.

What the habs really need is Rene Bourque and some D work. Tough situation to be in however. I think they will go after an upgrade on BOO in the off season, unless there is a reallllly good deal right now.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Moen isn't going anywhere, and weber has 0 trade value. The sharks will want picks and/or prospects, not something I agree with just to have a big body.

What the habs really need is Rene Bourque and some D work. Tough situation to be in however. I think they will go after an upgrade on BOO in the off season, unless there is a reallllly good deal right now.

Weber has trade value but he is hurt, and that value might not be in SJ as they want to win now.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I think we're going to see a market of buyers this year , especially in the East and especially if Montreal , Toronto , Boston and Ottawa all make the playoffs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an arms race in our own division. In that case there i just hope MB won't try to follow suit and overpay for a rental.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Bergevin has the perfect linemate for Galchenyuk and Eller in Ryan Clowe.He's a veteran player that scores and creates room for them to play their game it doesn't get any better.I hope they sign both Clowe and Murray their experience can only be a plus for all the younger players to learn from and lean on in tougher games.:handclap:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'd swing a deal for Murray and Clowe.

However I don't get why the Sharks are suddenly sellers?

They're not sellers. However they need a shakeup. Its been apparent for a few years now that the team is slow, so I can see a guy like clowe or murray being trade bait.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't get the Murray love, he's not good anymore. I can get the Clowe love, as he is still a HW who can play hockey, even though he has been underwhelming. On a third or a fourth he could be very useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->