News Article: Will the Montreal Canadiens go Shark fishing?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'd love to get both Murray and Clowe without sacrificing more than one of those 2nds..not sure how realistic that is though.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Lotsa Western fans saying Clowe is garbage/done...don't watch many sharks games but his lack of skating ability may not make him a good fit for our fast skating team...just saying

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Lotsa Western fans saying Clowe is garbage/done...don't watch many sharks games but his lack of skating ability may not make him a good fit for our fast skating team...just saying

I swear people in Montreal are as obsessed with skating as Boston is obsessed with fights. You know, a mix of both can't be a bad things sometimes...

When you play that card and disregard the potential benefits of getting a new player in your organization because of his skating, you end up drafting David Fischer instead of Claude Giroux because Giroux gets owned in a speed competition by Mathieu Carle.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Or it could mean that we can afford his slowness more than some teams, because our other guys can compensate. :)

Anyway, I just don't want to pay rental-player trade prices in general. Clowe and Murray don't look good this year, but in theory, based on their track records, they would be fits for what we need in our lineup. I just think it would be silly to trade valuable futures for them, especially when they're playing poorly, especiallyer when they are only guaranteed to be around for 2 more months.

We do seem likely to have lots of cap space available this summer, however, so I wouldn't mind if it was just risking $$$ on them as free agents in the summer.

Habtchum*

I'd swing a deal for Murray and Clowe.

However I don't get why the Sharks are suddenly sellers?

No more than Habs trading Cole.

They just want to get rid of what they consider "dead wood" and players who gonna be UFA next July - with no intention to retain them. They want something back. Younger players ? Draft picks ? The usual business.

Their team is not winning as much as they were in the first dozen games, too.

PricePkPatch*

I swear people in Montreal are as obsessed with skating as Boston is obsessed with fights. You know, a mix of both can't be a bad things sometimes...

When you play that card and disregard the potential benefits of getting a new player in your organization because of his skating, you end up drafting David Fischer instead of Claude Giroux because Giroux gets owned in a speed competition by Mathieu Carle.

But can he skate?! :naughty:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
How can a 30 years old forward who never had significant injuries could possibly be done?

There's something I probably missed cause that makes no sense whatsoever.

A bad season, maybe, but done?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
How can a 30 years old forward who never had significant injuries could possibly be done?

126026-scott-gomez.jpg

It happens.

Habtchum*

The guys was injured at some point in the last 2-3 years. His production is declining too in the last 2-3 years. We are possibly missing some background info about him. Personal problems ?

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
I'd LOVE to have Clowe, but not as a rental. If we could get him, I'd hope there's a high probability we can sign him when he becomes a UFA this summer

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

I don't think he's done but some players decline faster than others. Clowe aggressive and physical style of play is much harder on the body than a guy who play a finesse game. He constantly takes more abuse and damage than a dipsy doodler floater who avoid getting it if he can. That can have an impact on the prime length and longevity of a career.

Habtchum*

Clowe is hardly a top-6 at this point, he's still a skilled heavyweight, that's worth much.

Could be a good 3rd liner for us. But what to give to get him. I have a strong feeling that Boston - who waived Bourque today - is watching him closely.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Clowe and Murray are exactly what we need physical depth id be all for it

Murray might not be what people think he is. He's a slow stay at home defencemen that hits hard, but he's realy on the downhill and has been a healty scratch in SJ. Will fight once in while, and is good at it, but compared to him Moen is a blood thirsty beast who's looking to fight on every shifts.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Murray might not be what people think he is. He's a slow stay at home defencemen that hits hard, but he's realy on the downhill and has been a healty scratch in SJ. Will fight once in while, and is good at it, but compared to him Moen is a blood thirsty beast who's looking to fight on every shifts.

People seem like they're stuck in 2008 with regards to these two players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad