Will the Indiana Ice return?

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Paul Sjkodt's goal is to bring the Ice back. They still have a stake in the league, but the problem is venue. The Pan Am Plaza rink closed, Bankers Life Fieldhouse is too impractical, and the Coliseum is already occupied by the Fuel.

In fact, that is the first priority of the Lyceum Pavilion: http://lyceumpark.com/

Last edited:

Moosie

Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
If the Ice are to return, they'll be fighting the state of Indiana to do it. And they will have to build a rink.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Don't mean to necro a thread so hard, but has there been an update in their status?

I never did hear a final nail being put in their coffin, and cursory searches show no news (or team activity) in over a year, but at the time they were staying positive for a return still.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
Don't mean to necro a thread so hard, but has there been an update in their status?

I never did hear a final nail being put in their coffin, and cursory searches show no news (or team activity) in over a year, but at the time they were staying positive for a return still.

If they were to return, the announcement would come a year in advance. Most likely the next time a team wants to expand or move up they will buy the dormant franchise and relocate it. I believe each year the team is forced to pay a fee to stay dormant and not forfeit the franchise so the owner does should hopefully have some semblance of a plan for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad