Will the Flyers trade for a goalie before the deadline and who would it be?

Will the Flyers trade for a goalie before the deadline and who would it be?

• Total voters

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
I think they should just go after Vasalevsky... He can be had

Flyers offer... Potential 40 goal scorer Weal, Lyon and 3rd

Tampa send.... Vasy and 1st

This is a win win.

Reactions: Les Averman and fat

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Why would Tampa do that?

I'm OK with going for Crawford or maybe Anderson.

But I'm also OK with Stolie/Lyon and whoever is healthy for now and Carter Hart in March.

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
I think they should just go after Vasalevsky... He can be had

Flyers offer... Potential 40 goal scorer Weal, Lyon and 3rd

Tampa send.... Vasy and 1st

This is a win win.
You're breaking your post cherry with that?
giphy.gif

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
You're breaking your post cherry with that?
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE
I was just trolling. Tbh I have no idea what the flyers should do. I just find it bizarre that more people are not up in arms with this situation. As I look around the league, I oddly feel that there are less teir 1 goalies playing today. However, what the flyers have provided in net this year especially is AHL level. Like this is a very bad situation and no good remedy to it right now. I guess the varly idea is the best one.

I personally think if they really believe Hart is the guy just let him play. We can't sign BOB if Hart is the guy. We can't trade for Crawford Quick who ever (if even obtainable) of Hart is the guy. I believe he is 20 now just play him.

Or maybe Anderson idk..... All I know is if the Flyers have Stolarz/Lyon then the tickets should be free and I really mean that. We aren't a stupid fan base and we deserve respect.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
I was just trolling. Tbh I have no idea what the flyers should do. I just find it bizarre that more people are not up in arms with this situation. As I look around the league, I oddly feel that there are less teir 1 goalies playing today. However, what the flyers have provided in net this year especially is AHL level. Like this is a very bad situation and no good remedy to it right now. I guess the varly idea is the best one.

I personally think if they really believe Hart is the guy just let him play. We can't sign BOB if Hart is the guy. We can't trade for Crawford Quick who ever (if even obtainable) of Hart is the guy. I believe he is 20 now just play him.

Or maybe Anderson idk..... All I know is if the Flyers have Stolarz/Lyon then the tickets should be free and I really mean that. We aren't a stupid fan base and we deserve respect.

Reactions: Brayden Fattison

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I voted no trade assuming fletcher gets the job. I think he will target a few in the off season, Varlamov would be my choice. He may trade a mid range pick for negotiation rights and try for the 4-5 m$ range, length is the crucial point though.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I laugh whenever the Hextall lovers keep saying there were no goalies available the last couple of years who could have helped the Flyers. Last summer alone Hutton and Halak were available and look at how well they have played this year. Hextall's gross mismanagement of the position he once played was grounds enough alone for him to be shit canned. I definitely expect the next GM to make a move to try to sure up the position before this year's trade deadline.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Quick + 3rd 2019

Nuevy (cap) + 1st Rounder pick 2019 + Sandstrom + Allison/Strome/Tier2 type

Quick starts for the next 2 years / Mentors Hart next year / Slowly transitions Hart as Starter

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I think trading for a goalie is a bad idea. This team stinks right now and Stolie played 2 games and Lyon played 1 behind a bad team.

Lyon didn't help himself but Stolie looked solid yet unlucky. Let them adjust, get comfortable and see if they can sustain play. When Elliott comes back play Elliott and Stolie 3/1 or even 2/1. Let the kid get a little confidence, comfort with the NHL game and reassess in the off season if we can ride him or not until Hart.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I think trading for a goalie is a bad idea. This team stinks right now and Stolie played 2 games and Lyon played 1 behind a bad team.

Lyon didn't help himself but Stolie looked solid yet unlucky. Let them adjust, get comfortable and see if they can sustain play. When Elliott comes back play Elliott and Stolie 3/1 or even 2/1. Let the kid get a little confidence, comfort with the NHL game and reassess in the off season if we can ride him or not until Hart.

Trading for a goalie is tricky, but if something reasonable can be done, why not. Trading a first round pick is unacceptable.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
was stolie injured until recently? wish we would have a better look at him before the new regime makes any major moves. last game i really thought he looked good...goals were flukey.

he covers so much net and looks good technically....if he can stay injury free and play well for the next stretch...who knows?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I'd rather see them go after a long term trade. Grabbing a guy like Saros, Samsonov.

But I feel they will get a guy like Schneider, who kinda lost his job to Kinkaid wtf?!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Stolie isn’t particularly good but he actually looks more technically sound to me than he did in his previous call up 2 years ago.

At the very least, he’s the biggest traffic cone the team has for between the pipes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->