Will the Devils ever get any love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Fanatik*

Maybe I'm just speaking as a biased fan, but I feel that other team's fans also agree with me...

The Devils really get no love (as of recent years as I can tell). At all. From anyone. Whether it be analysts or Gary Bettman, I just feel as if everyone has it out for NJ. Almost every year we are predicted to be mediocre, and then we surprise (like last year). And then this year, we lose Parise and so we "must" not make the playoffs, impossible. Well so far we are 3-0, and sure it isn't the prettiest wins, but it's still the only undefeated Eastern team record left.

Only 3 goals against in 3 games, compared to other team's 12 and such. Defensively I think we are going to be pretty good, including the room to bring up young D, for injury (knock on wood we have none), and to trade our more veteran-like players.

Sure, it's only 3 games in and anything can happen, but I just feel no love is ever given. Maybe I'm wrong. And if I am, feel free to correct me.

Oh, and don't get me started on Barry Melrose.... :rant:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I don't care what the media says about us be prove them wrong nearly every yr anyway. If we are the red headed step child so be it in the grand scheme of things it means nothing what they think.

NHL Fanatik*

I don't care what the media says about us be prove them wrong nearly every yr anyway. If we are the red headed step child so be it in the grand scheme of things it means nothing what they think.

And I completely agree ! It would just be nice to hear some NJ Devils talk on TV and radio sometime, instead of always being skipped over

NYDevil

Jan 7, 2012
New York
It's funny because Melrose showed us so much love back in 03.... and who needs love when the Devils are winning games. I couldn't care less what people say and neither do the players.

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
It's funny because Melrose showed us so much love back in 03.... and who needs love when the Devils are winning games. I couldn't care less what people say and neither do the players.

i still remember him saying if they Devils got to the finals in 2000, he'd be a toll booth collector. sure enough he filmed a little segment with Buccigross for it after we proved him wrong(again)

i love being doubted year after year, makes it all the sweeter when we rub it in everyone's face

Status Quo*

Don't care about any love as long as the Devils continue to win like they have been doing over the past 20 years. **** the media, **** the doubters, **** the haters. They will always hate and the Devils will always continue to prove them wrong. Let that attention craving clown franchise across the river get all the love and watch them fail like they always do.

Respect Your Edler

Thank You 52
Sep 27, 2006
China
People only love teams that are free points on the schedule. You guys were a powerhouse for too long. You'll have to settle for being respected. Also, your team are a bunch of trappers and nobody loves animal abuse.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Well, we love them, so the point is moot.

This. And that is all that matters. **** the rest.

If the media wouldn't make awful predictions before the season about the Devils i would almost miss something. And as long as other fans call us boring, trap team, snoozefest or whatever it only means we are still a good team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're where we are because we're playing the trap, and we're rotating 8 defensemen in and out of the lineup (Meanwhile it's been the same 6 guys every game) Hey that's what the experts told me!

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I don't care because I can basically ****talk any fan of any team and there's not much they can say.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
MSG cares. They are broadcasting your games.

Thanks for this! That was a nice post, and now I feel very happy that MSG cares! Thanks for the encouragement! I never thought of it that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad